bb23

BB vs TBI

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3646 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I CCA'd TBI in July requesting my true original copy of the agreement that was passed to them by Wescott after a debt to HFC bank was taken over back in 2006.

After reading that TBI don't tend to hold copies of our loan agreements i thought i'd chance my luck, after my last fight with HSBC i know i've got the guts to do it :)

they replied today with a rubbish looking printout of my balance and some screen prints of my stuff on their database. no signed loan agreement in sight. not even an application form between myself and HFC (which i've read they do send to people, claiming it's legally binding)

Their letter goes on to say that "you are not entitled to correspondance and /or any documents as they are not held in a "relevant filing system" under the Data protection Act 1998. The majority of the points detaild on your letter are also not covered by the Act"

needless to say i laughed, made a cup of tea, went up to the computer and changed a few bits of information on my "Right to prevent processing - section 10" letter that i sent to HSBC last year and i'm about to send it off as another letter to TBI.

Wish me luck!!:)

the question i have is - when they state "the documents arent held in a relevant filing system" as a reason not to send you your agreement is it really legally binding and mean that they can just slip out of responsibility? or (as i did with HSBC) am i within my right to say to them "you have admitted you don't hold a valid copy"

thanks in advance - B

HSBC charges WON (april 07): £1,103.00

HSBC PPI WON!!! (July 2008): £1,166.00

HFC PPI WON!!! (August 2008) £2,100:D

March 09: failed the fight to write off HSBC Managed Loan due to non compliance of SAR! after they finally produced my signed loan!

August 10: Fighting TBI for disputed account due to the fact they can't produce my signed loan copy.