• Tweets

• Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • you wont get eric and that doesn't solve your problem as thats mainly to do with private parking set asides really as most judges now view PPC Backdoor CCJ with dissent and grant it regardless.    i absolutely hate link and paul burrell he built up a £1B+ empire of wealth solely by conning debtors into paying debts they mostly didn't even owe, but in this instance you are on very shaky ground.   me pers i'd not even debated it and i'd just gone for it win or bust. once you get the set aside it should be plain sailing.   but you came for advice and i can't not be truthful here.   the only otherway to better gauge you chances is to SAR Barclaycard , get everything they hold. that will show you the cards that Link will have to play with , they might well be pants.      
    • I have read everything about these cowboys but need a little advice. I was issued my fine on 9/12/19 but only received a dated letter on 11/01/20.   Ive had all the threatening letters from DRP and now Zenith and ignored them all. My wife was driving our car but yet its my dad who's getting all the letters as he's the registered owner. They managed to get my number and rang me today, I busted them for being the same company but the guy on the phone was super aggressive. I said to him Ive spoken to Trading Standards and they told me by law a ticket has to be issued within 14 days of the offence. But as you can see it was over a month, I said this to the aggressive dude on the phone who actually knew way to much about parking fines. So I think they are actually under the same umbrella as VCS also.   He was firing back that the law doesn't state that and I should look at 2012 laws or something and the DVLA, and it takes time to get my details from the DVLA to issue my charge????   Does this mean anything to anyone pls Regards   Stuart
    • Thanks to both of you, I've PM'd Ericsbrother.   dx - I wonder if you would be able to suggest a couple of hypothetical basic defences that you think would be valid  (just to see if it sparks any thoughts of a different approach I could take)?
    • The CMA has today published further detail on its views on the law in relation to cancellations and refunds during the pandemic. View the full article
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3682 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have 3rd party fire and theft insurance on my car only, one night one if the neighbours or their family crashed into my car and ran away ... the other neighbour who witnessed the accident gave me partial plate number. I phoned the insurance but they are refusing to pay for the damage ... I phoned the police who has taken statement from me and the witness but they cant find match the partial plate number to the described while model and colour ...

I received a letter from police saying that they have submitted a form to the insurer and they have stated that im innocent. Is it insurerers responsibility to pay and fix my car now? What should/shouldn’t i do ?

Thank you

:?

I received a letter from police saying that they have submitted a form to the insurer and they have stated that im innocent. Is it insurerers responsibility to pay and fix my car now? What should/shouldn’t i do ?

Thank you

:?

You only have TPF&T, so you cannot claim off your own policy for damage to your car relating to accident damage. You would need to claim off the 3rd party, but as they ran off and you have no evidence to pursue them, you cannot do this.

Check with the Motor Insurers Bureau to see if you can submit a claim to them.

http://www.mib.org.uk/Home/en/default.htm

If the MIB won't accept a claim, you will have to pay for the car repairs yourself.

Sorry but your Insurers are correct. You did not purchase the comprehensive cover that you would need to be able to claim for accident damage to your car in this situation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Im going submit a claim and see, thank you! I am due to change my insurance company soon, becasue Im after fully comprehensive cover and the current insurer is not likely to be the cheapest one ... the question is what if I find the nieghbours registeration number after I move to the new insurer? will the current still be responsible for the repair ? ( please also see my other thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?273493-wrong-convection-date-extra-charge )

should i not fix the damage until couple of weeks time ?

i know one of the kids on the street who is the neighbours cousin ( cousin of the driver who damaged my car) and told the police but they didnt do much ....

The current Insurer is not responsible for the repair of your car, as you only have 'Third Party, Fire and Theft cover'.

If you manage to get hold of the third party responsible then this is for you to pursue with the third party.

At the moment, your only chance is a possible claim with the Motor Insurers Bureau.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread