PPC court case - please help me with my defence!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just a bit of background:

I am being taken to court by a PPC who claims that I breached a contract by parking illegally on grounds owned by them and they are now claiming unpaid penalty charges.

I have sent my written defence in but now as my court date is approaching I am getting nervous as I know I will be asked to state my defence in court and am putting together a detailed spoken defence, with references to contract law (unfair contract terms regulations 1999) and with reference to Excel Parking Group -v- Hetherington-Jakeman in the Mansfield county court in March 2008..

The thing is, I was out of the country at the time for 3 months and it was a total shock to come back to read threatening letters from them etc. I have evidence that

a) I was not the driver since...

b) I was out of the country for 3 months during the period they say I was illegally parked, I've got passports stamps to prove this

c) I've got letters where they've threatened to send balliffs to my house etc.

d) I have a parking permit for the uni I attended ( this area and the area supposedly owned by the PPC are very close together but I definitely parked in the uni area)

The court has asked for both of us to send evidence before the hearing date and send a copy to each other - but I have not received any evidence from this PPC. Even before this the PPC never responded to my quests for evidence etc.

I've been reading the forums here and think all of you are very helpful. Just wanted to ask:

Does my defence look solid at the moment?

Do I need to reference more than just the 2 allusions to contract law above? And if so what else should I be quoting?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!