style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all hoping somebody can tell me where i stand.

ive been renting a house for 18months with no problems, on the 18th of this month i informed my landlord in writing that we would be moving out the following month and paid our last month rent as per the contract.

the problem is that the landlord is refusing to give us our bond back next month and stated it will be returned when he has checked that any bills i have for this house nare paid in full.

what have my mobile bills, gas bills, electric bills etc have to do with this i dont move out till next month when the final readings will be taken and settled when i recieve the bill, ive never had bonds held on something like this before, their my bills and follow me surely ??

any ideas what i can do as she is refusing to answer any questions now ??

At this stage, best to comply with her. I say this not because she is right, but because it is the quickest solution.

This is a common request, but completely unjustified. However, the only way around it would be a TDS or county court complaint, which will undoubtedly take longer.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Thanks for th advice, but the top and bottom of it is she doesnt want to hand the bond back over. We found out recently that her son who owns the property hasnt got permission to rent the house out from his morgage company and i was asked by his agent (mother) if i wouldnt tell his morgage company if asked and if a would pretend to be a new or prospective tenant?. that gave me doubts about the bond and wether or not it went in a back pocket instead of safe keeping and one of the reasons that we decided to move on sooner rather than later.

we have now recieved a letter stating that she has been in touch with the utility companys who wont tell her anything but confirmed that the bill is my responsibility and that she will inspect the house at her convenience once we have left and send a cheque to us for an amount that she deems fit at a later date

Was the deposit protected in a scheme?

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

As yet we havnt had any details, we were told it was but as we are now only communicating via letters its taking a while to get that info, we move out today but dont hnd the keys back till the 18th of next month hopefully some headway will be made by then

So you received no details of a tenancy deposit scheme within 14 days of commencing the tenancy?