style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I would like to pick the brains of some of the experts found on here.I have recieved a penalty fare which I intend to appeal.

Having had a look at the ticket I noticed that the "authorised persons and number" section had not been filled in by the inspector. I appreciate it may only be a technicality, but it may save me a lot of hassle.

So does not having this section filled in invalidate the penalty fare?

Thanks

Dan

urm...i would think not

its not like a parking ticket.

give us the details of the incident , there might be othe ways to help

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

urm...i would think not

its not like a parking ticket.

give us the details of the incident , there might be othe ways to help

dx

I went to birmingham on a ticket purchased through work, The ticket was a return from Balham, On my return I borded a train at victoria for balham about 5'o'clock. I then found out that I actually had to go back to work in Epsom. Fortunatley(i thought) this train also goes to Balham so I will just stay on and upgrade my ticket. Couple stops after Balham revenue protection officer fines me £20 for not having a valid ticket. I paid the extension but refused to pay the fine. I intend to apeall it on the "good will" factor of having already paid £100 + on the ticket I was trying to extend

yup, if there is no issuing officers number on the notice its invalid.

As SRPO says, [every] detail on the PFN must be filled in accurately and legibly; and if not, those are your grounds of appeal.

Probably worth mentioning that Appeals centre will not automatically cancel it prior to an appeal being received on those grounds; kit is down to the passenger to point it out!