bonnybloo

HELP!! Problems with Provident & Lowell

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3638 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

In 2005 I defaulted on my payments to La Redoute. In March this year a Provident rep came to my door and said that Redcats had sold the debt to them and that they had set up a Provident 'Fresh Start' account to pay off the debt and would call every Monday for payment. I was horrified as the interest rate is extortionate and I didn't want them calling at my home every week. The man then became very irate, I called my husband to the door and he took all the details of the debt and Providents head office number. I called Provident the next morning and asked if I could pay the debt off in full using my debit card, I was told that wasn't possible they don't take payments over the phone and the gave me the number of the office closest to where I live. I rang that office and was put through to the manager 'Nick' the rudest man on the planet. He eventually agreed to let me pay of the debt in full but it had to be cash. I arranged to go the Provident office the next day at 12.30. My sister came with me and could not believe how rude these people were, I paid cash and got a hand written receipt with the provident logo on. My sister asked why in 2010 the accounts weren't computerised and Nicks reply was "because they're not"! I put the receipt away and thought the matter was dealt with until 17 June when I received a letter from Lowell Portfolio telling me that Redcats had passed the debt to them. I immediately rang Lowell and explained that I had paid Provident in full, they asked me to send in a copy of the receipt and details of when/how I paid. I did this and received a letter saying they were investigating the matter. This morning I received another letter from Lowell saying that Provident returned the debt to Redcats unpaid and that I need to provide more evidence that I have actually paid or they will continue to chase the debt. What more can I do?

Bonny

Send the cretins letter #18 from this template library. http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors.html

There is nothing they can do as you have a receipt, if they continue to pursue make a complaint to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct; http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT