afcwben

Can I be restricted

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3601 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I currently work as a contractor for a bank my current contract is ending shortly, I want to continue working for this bank but in another department. The contract with my agency specifically denies me the right to work for this bank for 6 months after my contract with them expires. Could this be a restriction of trade or am I stuffed?

On the face of it this restriction may be reasonable. It seems to be for a defined and reasonable period of time.

However, if you are considering working in a different role and unlikely to use any knowledge obtained through your initial role with them then it could be that the restriction could be negotiated aay.

On the face of it this restriction may be reasonable. It seems to be for a defined and reasonable period of time.

However, if you are considering working in a different role and unlikely to use any knowledge obtained through your initial role with them then it could be that the restriction could be negotiated aay.

All knowledge I have is used is my ownand I use it to fufil a specific role, the bank is a large bank and the contract restricts me globally, if I contact an aagency and then learn the role on offer is at the bank I work at do I say no, I cannot go for it, I need to earn a living, so it seems restrictive and not reasonable. Is there some point of law I could use on this?

my partner claims they have to work 72 hours a week, they work in the fire service, can this be right!!!!!

he prob works

say 4 days on

7 days off

ime not sure on the days but thats the norm

i take it he is away from home during those 72 hours