Can I be restricted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I currently work as a contractor for a bank my current contract is ending shortly, I want to continue working for this bank but in another department. The contract with my agency specifically denies me the right to work for this bank for 6 months after my contract with them expires. Could this be a restriction of trade or am I stuffed?

On the face of it this restriction may be reasonable. It seems to be for a defined and reasonable period of time.

However, if you are considering working in a different role and unlikely to use any knowledge obtained through your initial role with them then it could be that the restriction could be negotiated aay.

On the face of it this restriction may be reasonable. It seems to be for a defined and reasonable period of time.

However, if you are considering working in a different role and unlikely to use any knowledge obtained through your initial role with them then it could be that the restriction could be negotiated aay.

All knowledge I have is used is my ownand I use it to fufil a specific role, the bank is a large bank and the contract restricts me globally, if I contact an aagency and then learn the role on offer is at the bank I work at do I say no, I cannot go for it, I need to earn a living, so it seems restrictive and not reasonable. Is there some point of law I could use on this?

• 1 month later...