• Tweets

• If you do get a letter of Claim and or Pre Action Protocol pack 15. Where there has been non-compliance with a pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction, the court may order that (a) the parties are relieved of the obligation to comply or further comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (b) the proceedings are stayed while particular steps are taken to comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (c) sanctions are to be applied. 16. The court will consider the effect of any non-compliance when deciding whether to impose any sanctions which may include— (a) an order that the party at fault pays the costs of the proceedings, or part of the costs of the other party or parties; (b) an order that the party at fault pay those costs on an indemnity basis; (c) if the party at fault is a claimant who has been awarded a sum of money, an order depriving that party of interest on that sum for a specified period, and/or awarding interest at a lower rate than would otherwise have been awarded; (d) if the party at fault is a defendant, and the claimant has been awarded a sum of money, an order awarding interest on that sum for a specified period at a higher rate, (not exceeding 10% above base rate), than the rate which would otherwise have been awarded. https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct   .
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Thanks all! My wife was driving at the time (took our daughter to get new school uniform) and I wasn't there so I'm not sure what the signage was actually like, but yes, Parkopedia says 2:30, so it's barely over that. I will check it out with her when she gets home later, I haven't even told her about this yet as she'll probably be quite upset. So - likely my best response at this stage is to just wait it out until a Letter Before Claim arrives?
    • check mcol does it state DQ N180 sent to you? if it does then: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5088148 3 copies yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket) 1 wit you Suitability for determination without a hearing? no (that the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally') the rest is obv 1 to the court 1 to their sols (omit phone/sig/email) if no sols send to claimant 1 for your file   dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

N9a counter claim ... 10.30 am adjourned

12break3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

MANAGED ADJOURNMENT YESTERDAY AFTERNOON, FAXED THEM THE EVIDENCE AND THEY THEN SAID OOPS, PLEASE HELP WITH COUNTER CLAIMING,

ADJOURNED 'IDIOTS' ONLY SENT THEM THE EVIDENCE OF THE 'APPLICATION FOR DISCOUNTED RATE'

THIS HAS NEARLY BANKRUPT US. AND IN THE MEANTIME, I HAD TO PRIORITISE DEPTS, SO, COULDN'T AFFORD TO PAY ONE LOAN. £500 PER MONTH THIS HAS COST US. AND THEY HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE. CAN I MENTION THIS IN N9A. I HAVE ASKED THEM FOR BANK CHARGE, THEY HAVE SAID NO, CAN I SUBMIT THIS. INTEREST HAS ALSO INCURRED. I HAVE READ THE FOLLOWING:-

without prejudicelink3.gif Save as to Costs

Re OFFER MADE PURSUANT TO part 36 OF THE Civil Procedurelink3.gif RULES

Dear Sirs /Madam

Thankyou for the above letter of xx Dec 2009 of which the contents are noted. In response,the following proposals are put forward in the interestlink3.gif of reaching a mutual amicable settlement.

We are considering persuing this claim by way of a counterclaim in respect to the PPIlink3.gif and Unfair charges applied to the account and also in respect of the Claimant's unlawful conduct with view to compensation.

In regard to the default charges levied to the account for alleged late payments.The Court and yourselves will be aware that these charge types and the recoverability therof have been judicially declared to be susceptible to assessments of fairness under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (The Office of fair Trading v Abbeylink3.gif National PLC and others 2009 and would further contest in a counterclaim that such charges are unfair in their entirity.We would also point out that if the claim was to proceed we will request Specific Disclosure for yourselves to provide copy of the executed Agreement.

With the above in mind we feel that it only fair that a more realistic figure of xxK would be acceptable and payable in instalments.

We look forward to hearing your response

Yours faithfully

BUT I NEED THIS FOR MORTGAGE OBVIOUSLY.

:evil:

12break3

Is there another thread going on this? Very late in the day to be offering advice but from reading your letter, it seems the amount in question falls under the Consumer Credit Act? Without knowing how old the debt is or the background, I'm sticking my neck out... but.... if it falls under consumer credit law, you need to make the court aware that you've only just realised your rights in relation to this matter and need to make a formal request for a true copy of the consumer credit agreement that the claimant is relying upon to enforce this debt.

The reason for this is because you need to check that the claimant has the legal right to re-claim the amount stated on their POC (particulars of claim) and have sight of the terms and conditions that go with it. Have they suppied you with a Default Notice? if not, you need sight of that as well.... and you need a full statement of account from the claimant, including a full and complete breakdown of any/all unlawful charges and/or interest that may have been applied to the account before and after any Default Notice was issued. You shouldn't really be offering to settle until you've had sight of these documents...

Take "without prejudice" off your correspondence as well....

Is this being faxed to the court or the creditor/DCA? Who is chasing you for this money.... creditor or DCA? If this is going to the court you need to state that you are a litigant in person.

If the do succeed in getting a CCJ, we may be able to look at getting it set aside....

Good luck this morning... please let us know how you get on :-)

Is there another thread going on this? Very late in the day to be offering advice but from reading your letter, it seems the amount in question falls under the Consumer Credit Act? Without knowing how old the debt is or the background, I'm sticking my neck out... but.... if it falls under consumer credit law, you need to make the court aware that you've only just realised your rights in relation to this matter and need to make a formal request for a true copy of the consumer credit agreement that the claimant is relying upon to enforce this debt.

The reason for this is because you need to check that the claimant has the legal right to re-claim the amount stated on their POC (particulars of claim) and have sight of the terms and conditions that go with it. Have they suppied you with a Default Notice? if not, you need sight of that as well.... and you need a full statement of account from the claimant, including a full and complete breakdown of any/all unlawful charges and/or interest that may have been applied to the account before and after any Default Notice was issued. You shouldn't really be offering to settle until you've had sight of these documents...

Take "without prejudice" off your correspondence as well....

Is this being faxed to the court or the creditor/DCA? Who is chasing you for this money.... creditor or DCA? If this is going to the court you need to state that you are a litigant in person.

If the do succeed in getting a CCJ, we may be able to look at getting it set aside....

Good luck this morning... please let us know how you get on :-)

I've just had the worst case scenerio of bullying and harrassment by staff and BM,

Edited by 12break3

12break3

Some past history of these idiots existing customers to enlighten everyone :mad:

Re "Extremely poor customer service. No one takes responsibil" posted by visitor at 13:54 08/08/03 :mad:

they lost our mortgage application as well, and I was an existing customer!! they literally did nothing for 4 weeks that we were in danger of losing the house we wanted to buy (and I will give kudos to Standard Life here for being very quick and efficient!) - so I had to cancel my mortgage which cost me £4k! so doing nothing + lying about the application being processed = £4k - nice work if you can get it. They offered us £500 - after my MP got involved - and even the FSO won't uphold my complaint, so now I'm looking for other avenues - media, online claim, etc, etc. Their customer service is very poor. spacer.gif

and another example:mad:

13:54 08/08/03 Extremely poor customer service. No one takes responsibility for chasing up a query, when you do eventually get a name and a promise to call back, no one ever does and the named individual is suddenly not available.

We have explained our particular situation to them any number of times and no-one takes any notice.

It has taken nine days for them to even acknowledge that they have received an application (they lost it until someone actually looked in the relevant in-tray), then they tell you that you are at the back of the queue due to their incompetance!

12break3

Some past history of these idiots existing customers to enlighten everyone :mad:

Re "Extremely poor customer service. No one takes responsibil" posted by visitor at 13:54 08/08/03 :mad:

they lost our mortgage application as well, and I was an existing customer!! they literally did nothing for 4 weeks that we were in danger of losing the house we wanted to buy (and I will give kudos to Standard Life here for being very quick and efficient!) - so I had to cancel my mortgage which cost me £4k! so doing nothing + lying about the application being processed = £4k - nice work if you can get it. They offered us £500 - after my MP got involved - and even the FSO won't uphold my complaint, so now I'm looking for other avenues - media, online claim, etc, etc. Their customer service is very poor. spacer.gif

and another example:mad:

13:54 08/08/03 Extremely poor customer service. No one takes responsibility for chasing up a query, when you do eventually get a name and a promise to call back, no one ever does and the named individual is suddenly not available.

We have explained our particular situation to them any number of times and no-one takes any notice.

It has taken nine days for them to even acknowledge that they have received an application (they lost it until someone actually looked in the relevant in-tray), then they tell you that you are at the back of the queue due to their incompetance!

and another: :mad:

I found them to be the worst company I have ever dealt with by far. I regularly spoke to my 'named contact' but he seemed unable to do anything at all. Everthing had to go through their processing centre in India. Long story short, a simple remortgage took over 5 months - ended up going into my local branch who were stunned at the incompetence.

Even their complaints team gave up and suggested I went to the ombudsman, which I did. Got £600 for the extra interest I paid - never mind I must have wasted 30 hours on the phone/writing letters.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

12break3

Ok... this is quite hard to piece together, so more info. would help.

They are taking you to court, so we need more info. about this

Who is taking you to court (which company)?

What is it for?

How much are they going after?

Are there any charges that have been added (to your knowledge)?

Does the account fall under CCA law (credit card/loan)?

Have they succeeded in getting a CCJ against you yet?

Please take your time.... it sounds as if you've had a horrendous experience and people here will try and help you through it.

:-)