• Tweets

• can you get some phots of the roof and eaves ect without trespassing on his property? insurers will have to amke good if it is your neighbours property that is causing the problem but i would ask a surveyor to have a look first so you know what to say from the outset to get the best outcome. Your local council also has powers to order them to take action but as they wont engage it may well take the 3 years you ahve given yourslef for the house move
    • you have been stiched up  but you really should have walked away from this well beofre reading the paperwork, let alone signing it.   However, the incentive is part of the contract, same as being given a free gift as part of a sale doesnt mean the retailer caqn give you somehting that is broken and not make good just because it was "free". so, back to the incentive and the terms you signed. Chances are the terms make the contract voidanyway but we wont knwo that until we see it. give us a good idea of what this is all about and you may well find a couple of people will give you the advice you need.
    • I have given them independent reports from two roofers that say they are beyond salvageable due to the upward curl on most of them along with a few cracked.    I have given them 3 quotes for removal (I was / am happy to pay for the reroof, but was based on it being slate as I could have taken it down myself.)    They have been out and taken photos themselves of the current roof along with pictures I sent in when we first found out it was asbestos after that was done was when they offered the £200 and they wouldn't comment any further on the matter.    They have asked me to have it tested officially opposed to an visual inspection but each time I ask them will they cover costs if it does come back as asbestos they ignore the question, three times I have asked.    It was 3 years ago but I first raised the complaint at the start of this year.    The age of the roof in question dates back to the 1920s when the house was built, the main building had its original bare Welsh slate roof with limestone mortar. 
    • Agree, you need to start a formal complaint and keep it in writing but also make it clear what you expect as an outcome. An apology and some commitment to better staff traing regarding general customer services but specifically handling of medical emergencies would be in order. They have a responsibility for the health and safety of all peopel on the premises and it does look like this point was sorely missed by the manager. i would also expect them to write off the cost of the ruined meal as well, you didnt paln in advance to ahve one of your party leave in an ambulance so their actions are pretty shoddy
    • so ask for a quote for their removal. you say due to the state of the tiles but give no indication as to what that is. You do need to have something specific to wave at them to get any movement and at the moment you dont. For all they know you could be telling lies just to get a few quid to go travelling with. so get proof of asbestos and a quote for removal if the roof is too far goen for repair. Pictures to show what they shopuldnt have missed will also bolster your case. I also note that it was 3 years ago so you have enjoyed the benefit of the roof for that time regardless of what it was made of. An estimate of the age of the roof will also be needed as that will help determine whether they should ahve been looking for such materials in their survey.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
12break3

N9a counter claim ... 10.30 am adjourned

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3642 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

MANAGED ADJOURNMENT YESTERDAY AFTERNOON, FAXED THEM THE EVIDENCE AND THEY THEN SAID OOPS, PLEASE HELP WITH COUNTER CLAIMING,

ADJOURNED 'IDIOTS' ONLY SENT THEM THE EVIDENCE OF THE 'APPLICATION FOR DISCOUNTED RATE'

THIS HAS NEARLY BANKRUPT US. AND IN THE MEANTIME, I HAD TO PRIORITISE DEPTS, SO, COULDN'T AFFORD TO PAY ONE LOAN. £500 PER MONTH THIS HAS COST US. AND THEY HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE. CAN I MENTION THIS IN N9A. I HAVE ASKED THEM FOR BANK CHARGE, THEY HAVE SAID NO, CAN I SUBMIT THIS. INTEREST HAS ALSO INCURRED. I HAVE READ THE FOLLOWING:-

without prejudicelink3.gif Save as to Costs

Re OFFER MADE PURSUANT TO part 36 OF THE Civil Procedurelink3.gif RULES

Dear Sirs /Madam

Thankyou for the above letter of xx Dec 2009 of which the contents are noted. In response,the following proposals are put forward in the interestlink3.gif of reaching a mutual amicable settlement.

We are considering persuing this claim by way of a counterclaim in respect to the PPIlink3.gif and Unfair charges applied to the account and also in respect of the Claimant's unlawful conduct with view to compensation.

In regard to the default charges levied to the account for alleged late payments.The Court and yourselves will be aware that these charge types and the recoverability therof have been judicially declared to be susceptible to assessments of fairness under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (The Office of fair Trading v Abbeylink3.gif National PLC and others 2009 and would further contest in a counterclaim that such charges are unfair in their entirity.We would also point out that if the claim was to proceed we will request Specific Disclosure for yourselves to provide copy of the executed Agreement.

With the above in mind we feel that it only fair that a more realistic figure of xxK would be acceptable and payable in instalments.

We look forward to hearing your response

Yours faithfully

BUT I NEED THIS FOR MORTGAGE OBVIOUSLY.

:evil:

12break3

Is there another thread going on this? Very late in the day to be offering advice but from reading your letter, it seems the amount in question falls under the Consumer Credit Act? Without knowing how old the debt is or the background, I'm sticking my neck out... but.... if it falls under consumer credit law, you need to make the court aware that you've only just realised your rights in relation to this matter and need to make a formal request for a true copy of the consumer credit agreement that the claimant is relying upon to enforce this debt.

The reason for this is because you need to check that the claimant has the legal right to re-claim the amount stated on their POC (particulars of claim) and have sight of the terms and conditions that go with it. Have they suppied you with a Default Notice? if not, you need sight of that as well.... and you need a full statement of account from the claimant, including a full and complete breakdown of any/all unlawful charges and/or interest that may have been applied to the account before and after any Default Notice was issued. You shouldn't really be offering to settle until you've had sight of these documents...

Take "without prejudice" off your correspondence as well....

Is this being faxed to the court or the creditor/DCA? Who is chasing you for this money.... creditor or DCA? If this is going to the court you need to state that you are a litigant in person.

If the do succeed in getting a CCJ, we may be able to look at getting it set aside....

Good luck this morning... please let us know how you get on :-)

Is there another thread going on this? Very late in the day to be offering advice but from reading your letter, it seems the amount in question falls under the Consumer Credit Act? Without knowing how old the debt is or the background, I'm sticking my neck out... but.... if it falls under consumer credit law, you need to make the court aware that you've only just realised your rights in relation to this matter and need to make a formal request for a true copy of the consumer credit agreement that the claimant is relying upon to enforce this debt.

The reason for this is because you need to check that the claimant has the legal right to re-claim the amount stated on their POC (particulars of claim) and have sight of the terms and conditions that go with it. Have they suppied you with a Default Notice? if not, you need sight of that as well.... and you need a full statement of account from the claimant, including a full and complete breakdown of any/all unlawful charges and/or interest that may have been applied to the account before and after any Default Notice was issued. You shouldn't really be offering to settle until you've had sight of these documents...

Take "without prejudice" off your correspondence as well....

Is this being faxed to the court or the creditor/DCA? Who is chasing you for this money.... creditor or DCA? If this is going to the court you need to state that you are a litigant in person.

If the do succeed in getting a CCJ, we may be able to look at getting it set aside....

Good luck this morning... please let us know how you get on :-)

I've just had the worst case scenerio of bullying and harrassment by staff and BM,

Edited by 12break3

12break3

What's happened....?!

Some past history of these idiots existing customers to enlighten everyone :mad:

Re "Extremely poor customer service. No one takes responsibil" posted by visitor at 13:54 08/08/03 :mad:

they lost our mortgage application as well, and I was an existing customer!! they literally did nothing for 4 weeks that we were in danger of losing the house we wanted to buy (and I will give kudos to Standard Life here for being very quick and efficient!) - so I had to cancel my mortgage which cost me £4k! so doing nothing + lying about the application being processed = £4k - nice work if you can get it. They offered us £500 - after my MP got involved - and even the FSO won't uphold my complaint, so now I'm looking for other avenues - media, online claim, etc, etc. Their customer service is very poor. spacer.gif

and another example:mad:

13:54 08/08/03 Extremely poor customer service. No one takes responsibility for chasing up a query, when you do eventually get a name and a promise to call back, no one ever does and the named individual is suddenly not available.

We have explained our particular situation to them any number of times and no-one takes any notice.

It has taken nine days for them to even acknowledge that they have received an application (they lost it until someone actually looked in the relevant in-tray), then they tell you that you are at the back of the queue due to their incompetance!

12break3

Some past history of these idiots existing customers to enlighten everyone :mad:

Re "Extremely poor customer service. No one takes responsibil" posted by visitor at 13:54 08/08/03 :mad:

they lost our mortgage application as well, and I was an existing customer!! they literally did nothing for 4 weeks that we were in danger of losing the house we wanted to buy (and I will give kudos to Standard Life here for being very quick and efficient!) - so I had to cancel my mortgage which cost me £4k! so doing nothing + lying about the application being processed = £4k - nice work if you can get it. They offered us £500 - after my MP got involved - and even the FSO won't uphold my complaint, so now I'm looking for other avenues - media, online claim, etc, etc. Their customer service is very poor. spacer.gif

and another example:mad:

13:54 08/08/03 Extremely poor customer service. No one takes responsibility for chasing up a query, when you do eventually get a name and a promise to call back, no one ever does and the named individual is suddenly not available.

We have explained our particular situation to them any number of times and no-one takes any notice.

It has taken nine days for them to even acknowledge that they have received an application (they lost it until someone actually looked in the relevant in-tray), then they tell you that you are at the back of the queue due to their incompetance!

and another: :mad:

I found them to be the worst company I have ever dealt with by far. I regularly spoke to my 'named contact' but he seemed unable to do anything at all. Everthing had to go through their processing centre in India. Long story short, a simple remortgage took over 5 months - ended up going into my local branch who were stunned at the incompetence.

Even their complaints team gave up and suggested I went to the ombudsman, which I did. Got £600 for the extra interest I paid - never mind I must have wasted 30 hours on the phone/writing letters.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

12break3

Ok... this is quite hard to piece together, so more info. would help.

They are taking you to court, so we need more info. about this

Who is taking you to court (which company)?

What is it for?

How much are they going after?

Are there any charges that have been added (to your knowledge)?

Does the account fall under CCA law (credit card/loan)?

Have they succeeded in getting a CCJ against you yet?

Please take your time.... it sounds as if you've had a horrendous experience and people here will try and help you through it.

:-)