billie.skeggs

Think about it : Are you the owner..???

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Now this might sound a bit controversial, but i do like to see things at all angles.

I have read many a thread on here as well as follow threads on tpuc.co.** that are based on the freeman idea.. where we are prisoners of statue law.

now after reading up on many pcn threads... i have come to realise something

the RTA states in many of its acts in relation to the "owner" of the vehicle.

such do PCNs and especially NOTICE TO OWNERS....

now.. last time i checked, i am merely the "registered keeper" of my vehicle.. and because of this the police and dvla have the right to remove my vehicle.. as effectvly they are the owner and i am the keeper.. much like you are the tennant of a rented house..

i know this may sound far fetched.. and has probably been discussed..

but surely anything that is related to YOU being the Owner.. is well null and void, as you are nothing more then the "registered keeper".

something to think about .......

Not really. This comes round every 9 months or so. An owner can be a RK or not. An RK may not be the owner. Laws have been drafted in this way to ensure they get the result they require from enforcement.

Surley if you hand over revenue to the full value of a vehicle YOU are the owner, If you then give said vehicle to someone else to use on a long term basis to which they register it, then THEY are the registered keeper, I believe it states on the V5 doc. that possetion of the V5 does not prove ownership or vehicle.

Normally the RK and the owner are the same. But there are instances where the vehicle may belong to a leasing or hire co for example. The RK is the person with reponsibility for the vehicle under the RTA's and thus is the person(s) traceable via the DVLA. It may be the case that the owner never actually drives the vehicle for which they own but it does not mean it isn't their property. Obviously there has to be a way of being able to trace the driver of a vehicle in the event of traffic violations ect, so this is why we have this system in place. In my opinion, the penalties for not maintaing the status of a vehicle in respect of a change of RK are not severe enough because this is where the system is flawed. (apart from the cock-ups the DVLA make of course from time to time!)

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Until the V5 is signed (and which it bestows nothing but trouble by regisatering the person signing it) nobody has anything to worry about cloned plates, parking tickets, speed camera and PPC companies. Of course, if you cannot find someone to take on this function, you have to bite the bullet or do it yourself - or find an address 'that you can be contacted' yet still gives you an element of privacy from people attempting to see you out...