Jump to content

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3684 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

being new to this site, ( i think its brill! )


ive posted one thread and on reading all others.....i had a thought...........

can u claim back any unlawful bailiff charges, i know i have paid them in the past, this year, last year and beyond............?? alan


if so.. how?? pls. I could be owed grands!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you can claim back fraudulent charges if you can prove that they were, some one correct me if I am wrong on this.

You would need to request a break down of charges on all accounts in question. I think you can only go back 6 years.

Ask for a screen shot.

possibly a SAR. (There is a £10 fee for this)

Once you have what you need and you can prove you were overcharged then you need to start writing letters requesting the overpayment back. If they refuse after you can prove you were over charged then you would need to go down the small claims track and take them to court.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can reclaim them up to six years of paying them.


You can SAR the bailiffs, but a SAR is more to do with accessing personal information they hold about you, nothing about how their fee invoice is made up.


You might be better to work out what the fees should have been by looking at the legislation that prescribes them, and add the fees only if the bailiff did the work giving rise to that fee. Some legislation allows 'reasonable costs' and in these cases, ploddetoms letter is good for asking the bailiff the receipts that make up those costs.


Theres the list of legislation prescribing bailiffs fees according to the type of debt he is collecting.



County Court Judgements: County Court Fees Order(Amended 1994) 1982


Council Tax: Regulation 14(2) and Regulation 45(2) of the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992


Business Rates: Regulation 3© of the Non-Domestic Rating (Collection and Enforcement) (Amendment and Miscellaneous Provision) Regulations 1993


Parking Tickets: Schedule 1 of the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs)(Amended 2003) Regulations 1993


Rent arrears: Appendix 1 Distress for Rent Rules 1988


High Court Writs: Schedule 3 of Regulation 13 of The High Court Enforcement Officers Regulations 2004


Magistrates court fines: None. The law does not prescribe any: see HMCS official advice: http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex345.pdf (Page 3)


Sheriff Officers (Scotland) Paragraph 2(4) of the Act of Sederunt (Fees of Sheriff Officers) 2007

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...