Letter from customer compliance team

jonas87uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I've been on ESA for several months now and today I received a letter from the jobcentre's customer compliance team.

Any idea what this is all about?

Here is what the letter says.

Invitation to office interview

Dear Sir

We need to see you in order to discuss a query that has arisen concerning your claim to benefit. It is essential that you make yourself available as to not do so may affect your benefit.

Would you please attend yadayada

To avoid unnecassary delay, please bring this letter with you and show it to the receiption immediately on your arrival. Please ask for Mrs smith. Please arrive at the office prompty as it may be difficult to fit in another appointment if you are later.

If you cannot keep this appointkment please contact me as soon as possible to arrange a mutually convenient appointment.

Things we need to see

Proof of ID such as

- passport

- driving license

- utility bills

- Rent agreements

- Bank statements etc (bearing your name)

Evidence to support your claim to benefits -

Bank statements

So it looks like they only want a bank statement from me. Any idea what they want? I read somewhere that these are to investigate fraud :shock: I'm sure I haven't done anything wrong unless I made a mistake somewhere. :eek:

I assume your ESA claim is income related, and not based on contributions? I ask because it appears that they want to know about your income/capital. They are part of fraud but lower level fraud.

Any income which you haven't declared?

Any savings above £6000?

If the answers are no to both, and your bank statements reflect this, then they've been given duff information from somewhere. Did they specify what period the bank statements must cover?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I assume your ESA claim is income related, and not based on contributions? I ask because it appears that they want to know about your income/capital. They are part of fraud but lower level fraud.

Any income which you haven't declared?

Any savings above £6000?

If the answers are no to both, and your bank statements reflect this, then they've been given duff information from somewhere. Did they specify what period the bank statements must cover?

I checked my savings and they're nearing £6000 not quite there yet (unless I have money I don't know about) O.o

I thought if your savings go past £6000 it means your money is just reduced a little? I'm sure no one has given duff information as only my family know I'm on ESA. The letter just says bank states but no date is given..

Thanks for your help

What if my savings are slightly past £6000 does that mean they're going to lock me up? :shock: If I have passed the £6000 it must be recent.

If you go over £6000, you should declare this and they will reduce your claim accordingly.

It's reduced by £1 per week for every £250 (or part of £250) that you have in savings between £6000 and £16000.

It's strange that they haven't specified for what period they want the bank statements. I would say just a routine compliance check but those types of checks don't usually advise that a "query has arisen". This normally means that they have information from somewhere to indicate that you might not be entitled to some or all of the benefit.

As all they have requested is your bank statement, I can't see it relating to anything other than income/capital. I wonder if they have issued the wrong template letter.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

If you go over £6000, you should declare this and they will reduce your claim accordingly.

It's reduced by £1 per week for every £250 (or part of £250) that you have in savings between £6000 and £16000.

It's strange that they haven't specified for what period they want the bank statements. I would say just a routine compliance check but those types of checks don't usually advise that a "query has arisen". This normally means that they have information from somewhere to indicate that you might not be entitled to some or all of the benefit.

As all they have requested is your bank statement, I can't see it relating to anything other than income/capital. I wonder if they have issued the wrong template letter.

I just found out that my grandparents gave me premium bonds and I had no idea that I had them because I was a kid at the time.. -.- l Maybe that is the problem because they're considered savings? I don't even know how to withdraw the premium bonds as I said my grandparents and parents set it up and neglected to tell me -.- It's only £100 but it could be causing the trouble.