SKY TV cancellation due to hardship

Guest mediaseller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest mediaseller

I am just 3 months short of my minimum contract period with SKY TV (with HD box).

Due to hard times I have been out of work for 12 months and am only earning a fraction of what I to working for myself. My wife pays all the bills and we often find that we have no money for food at the end of the month so have to borrow from a relative.

In view of these facts what chance do I have in canceling?

none without and early termination charge.

you would be best downgrading you subscription to the minimum.

what services do you have?

tv, phone and line and or bb?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you entered into the agreement after the original term of the contract to supply the set top box etc has passed, i.e., that you had the installation done more than 12 months before the start of your latest contract, if there has been any change in terms and conditions during this time you have the right to cancel the contract today without paying for the equipment. If you have had the equipment for less than 12 months then they will let you cancel but will make you pay for the equipment and installation which would leave you worse off overall.

I argued with BT that they changed terms and conditions and I would not be bound by the new agreement.

They released me from an 18 month contract on that basis and did not ask for the equipment back. Other than that, as others said it is a case of downgrading to the lowest package then ending the contract. Don't forget that you may have to give 30 days notice BEFORE the end of the contract is due to make sure that it actually ends at the earliest date.

There is nothing wrong with asking though, you never know, if you write to them they may be generous and cancel it, though knowing Sky, that's not very likely.