Equita hand delivered removal notice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I`ll keep this very brief, my wife and i owe £1,300 council tax that is 7 yrs old and is owed to a different borough to where we live now,

My wife rang bailiff last week to arrange payment plan but was told no way and wanted full amount that we can`t afford.

Today found hand delivered letter on the step ...BAILIFF REMOVAL, payment due in 24 hours.

I`ve read all the info regarding locking doors windows ect.....the problem is we are away for the next 10 days and are worried that the house will be empty, please help.

thanks.

they can send you a removal notice 10 times a day if they like but as long as they have never been in your home to levy goods there is nothing they can do

they will not break into your house to remove goods when you are away

don't leave anything in your garden if you have a garage,garden shed . greenhouse keep them locked if you have a car dont leave it on your drive or in the street keep it well away from the house do it now before he comes back

enjoy your time away and deal with it when you come back

We did have an arrangement originally with equita that we foolishly didn`t keep up the payments ...we still have the payment slips they sent us,

what if we were to just start paying them again ? surely they would`nt return the payments....would they ?

We did think that, so should we go direct to the council ?......what if they say it`s in the hands of the bailiffs ?

Pay online through their website or automated phone line. Pay a regular amount on a regular basis eg £10 per week.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]