GE Money Defaulted my account with no reason! Advice Needed Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Back in May when my financial situation tumpled over the edge into the abyss, I had to take action and get advice from Payplan. The first thing I did was to check my credit file. To my surprise I saw that GE Money had applied a DN to my secured loan account in February 2010. I had not received any notification from GE Money regarding a default to the account. I had not missed any payments to the account and have the bank statements to prove it. I contacted GE Money and asked them why the DN had been applied to my account. They couldn't and haven't been able to tell me. I had a fair job getting them to remove the DN over a two week period. A very stressful two week period, I was in the middle of writing to my creditors to explain I was having financial difficulties. I needed to open a parachute bank account account as my current account with Barclays could be linked to my debt on Barclaycard. With a DN against me I didn't think I would get a new bank account so it was imperitive it was removed. I was very stressed at this point and GE Money were next to useless. I lodged a formal complaint with them and the FOS and ISO.

GE Money have now written to me explaining they don't actually know why the DN was issued and it was a one off, blah blah blah and have offered me £50 compensation. I don't really want to accept that as a final offer. I think it stinks that they can apply a DN and just go oops sorry, here's £50, now go away.

My question is any advice on how to further complain and insist they tell me how the DN got onto my account in the first place?

Many thanks CAGgers

FF