Equifax & Lowell Table 1 Searches

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been having trouble with Equifax & Lowell for a few weeks over searches made on Table 1 ie searches made in connection with credit applications.

The first time Lowell investigated and had the searches removed from the file with no problem,however I checked my file this week

to find 3 more Table 1 Searches in the last 2 weeks,this is during the time I was in discussion with Lowell.

Here is the gist of Equifax's reply.

The searches that appear on table to convey to you that these searches have an impact on credit applications, searches such as

Debt Collection or unpaid or outstanding debt may be taken into account as part of an automated scoring system.

We would point out that the ''text'' used to describe these searches is not provided in the same format during a search made by another company and does not impact on any decision another company may make??????

Am I confused or does their 1st statement contradict the 2nd.

Unusually Lowell are being quite cooperative in this :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Has anyone any insights or opinions on this please?:|

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 weeks later...

Great news Equifax & Lowell have removed all table 1 seraches,now the fight

for compensation starts:-)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

now the fight

for compensation starts:-)

:lol:good luck with this,:whip: crack it good and make em pay.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

I have been in touch with my MP regarding the unauthorised searches placed on

table 1 which can damage credit rating,and have been asked to provide as much

detail as possible.

Please post up any experiences of this and the outcome.I shall use the info for a bulk complaint

to the relevant authorities ,and the MP will raise the matter with the minister responsible.

All help gratefully received.:-)

same thing happened to me, i recently checked my equifax report to find a table 1 search for "outstanding debt" 1st credit to which iv never had any dealings with ever ,this search has been on my file since 08/07/2009

i opened a online dispute with equifax to remove it but they sent it to 1st who simply replied "please remove our search" that was last week and its still there

does anyone know the best way to take it further with 1st credit as im sure this isnt allowed and they should be reported

thanks

osborne82

These searches are usually automated bulk searches to trace debtors ie Joe Bloggs J Bloggs or any combination of name and initials.

First write to the CRA demanding the search is removed as it is unauthorised .

Report the matter to the ICO and OFT, then query the search with 1st. Crud stating you do not have any knowledge of any reason they should carry out such a search. May I use your post as evidence in my report to my MP on this practice please.

Brig.

thank you for the advice just waiting on equifax to remove this now i will then report it to the ICO and OFT is there a template letter i should use maybe ?

and yes by all means use my post if it will help :)

thanks

osborne82

These searches are usually automated bulk searches to trace debtors ie Joe Bloggs J Bloggs or any combination of name and initials.

First write to the CRA demanding the search is removed as it is unauthorised .

Report the matter to the ICO and OFT, then query the search with 1st. Crud stating you do not have any knowledge of any reason they should carry out such a search. May I use your post as evidence in my report to my MP on this practice please.

Brig.

The ICO complait is easy and you can do it on line or start by phone

and the follow in writing.

Thanks I will use your thread very little helps:lol: