Are we entitled to any benefits

Bichon_Lover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In February 2010 my partner had a stroke and was in hospital for just over a week.

He has made a good recovery but still suffers from pain in his left shoulder joint. This causes great discomfort, while dressing and exiting the bath.

He also has Deep Vein Thrombosis in his left leg which means more discomfort and leaves him unable to walk more than 100 yards without severe pain. He has since gone back to work as he feels he doesn't want to claim benefits even though he has been told he should.

Can anyone advise us on what benefits we can claim and how we should go about getting them.

Many Thanks

Amie

x

He should submit a claim for Disability Living Allowance - which won't be affected by him working.

Is he fit to be at work? If so that's fine. If not, then he would need to get a Dr's certificate to this effect and claim Employment and Support Allowance.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

You can contact disability living allowance on 08457 123456 and ask for a claim form to be sent out.

The form is extremely long and laborious to complete, you might want to enlist help from Welfare Rights via your local council, or the CAB in completion of the form.

You might find the information and links I have posted in this thread useful.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)