Furious, nationwide keeping hold of my money, advice

gra30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

i am Gra from devon.

I have been a nationwide customer for many years, I am a good customer, always within my balance and my Motgage is taken from the same account each month and my wage paid in.

I went into branch today to withdraw £35 y to hear of the minimum £100 amount.

I needed the money for my other bank to cover bills and my available balance was £38.72

I was told I could use the machine but of course only to £30.

My question is how can they refuse me withdrawing my own money.

The machine will not allow it and now neither will the counter, if I continue to be paid into the account and my wages are round figures to the £10 then I will never be able to withdraw the funds, is this holding funds without consent????

I have a normal cash machine card as I never wanted a debit so I always know that funds are there.

Many thanks and I am really annoyed about the principle of this.

If I was £5 short of a DD I am sure they would soon refuse it.

Regards

Graham

I need information on the same subject. I am on Carers allowance, and was expecting a payemtn today, which didn't happen. I went into the branch, as I needed the £7 in the account to get home and buy milk/bread, to be told I could not have it. After arguing the point for nearly 10 minutes, very loudly, and being told that I should go to the post office to get it(WTF) and pointing out many time how many times they could have given me my money by now to the two staff that were involved, I saw a mate walking past who was able to lend me the £3 so i could make a deposit and withdraw from the machine.

This has to be illegal? I get under £100 each week, and I need every penny.

• 1 month later...

I've never had this trouble before, but I have the new Cash Card+ card with chip and pin, Have you not recieved yours?? or offered the upgrade to the new chip and pin Visa card?

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

• 3 weeks later...

The Nationwide have refused to allow cash withdrawals of under £100 for some time now. The good news is that you can withdraw any amount you want (provided you have the funds available) from a Post Office. The other good news is that at the Post Office it doesn't have to be in £10 multiples so if you want, say, £3.24 you can get it.

The bad news is that you can only use the Post Office when it is open ie not evenings/nights/most of the weekend...

I hope that using the Post Office to withdraw cash provides them (the Post Office) with a bit of income from the gready vultures at Nationwide.

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.