swindon2009

Pastdue credit solutions chasing a 5 yr old gas bill from EON that to my knowledge was paid.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3636 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I hope someone can help me

Ive recieved a letter from past due credit solutions, it is from a shared house il lived in around 5 years ago. the letter was dated to me and the 3 other house members i lived with, Im sure that the bills were settled up when i left, but being such longtime ago im not sure exactly what happened. There asking for 350 pounds. Can some one please help with what letter i should send them, for proof of this debt, or if there is anythin else i should be doing.

Ive checked my credit report and as far as i can tell, they havent run a credit check against my name, but where do i stand with the fact there is 4 names on the account adn the letter they have sent to me.

All help will be greatly appreciated

Letter to send would be:

Dear Sir or Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collectionlink3.gif, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

You could, if you wished, also write direct to E.on and ask them to send you statements from that period, or alternatively send E.on a SAR which costs £10 but would include all of the information they have pertaining to you.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Thanks very much, ill send that letter, and hopefully that will do the trick.

Come back to this thread, if they reply with anything other than sorry going away now!

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

And your saving grace may well be the billing code also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!