Pastdue credit solutions chasing a 5 yr old gas bill from EON that to my knowledge was paid.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope someone can help me

Ive recieved a letter from past due credit solutions, it is from a shared house il lived in around 5 years ago. the letter was dated to me and the 3 other house members i lived with, Im sure that the bills were settled up when i left, but being such longtime ago im not sure exactly what happened. There asking for 350 pounds. Can some one please help with what letter i should send them, for proof of this debt, or if there is anythin else i should be doing.

Ive checked my credit report and as far as i can tell, they havent run a credit check against my name, but where do i stand with the fact there is 4 names on the account adn the letter they have sent to me.

All help will be greatly appreciated

Letter to send would be:

Dear Sir or Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collectionlink3.gif, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

You could, if you wished, also write direct to E.on and ask them to send you statements from that period, or alternatively send E.on a SAR which costs £10 but would include all of the information they have pertaining to you.