Are agency trying to avoid paying me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently accepted some work from an agency, initially it was supposed to be for 8 weeks. I started on monday 9th August & worked for 1 week. On the following Monday myself & another guy turned up for our shift & was told we where no longer needed. The agency sais we will get paid for the work we did for the previous week , but not for the Monday...the day we where sent home, told we where no longer needed. Surely we should also be paid for this day as well, as we turned up for our shift expecting to work... we where given no prior notice???

have to agree with el here.

i remember working at a rubbish dump that closed early because of a breakdown. we were sent home after one hour but paid for 4 as it was a requirment by the agency.

call the agency and ask that they give you a couple of hours pay as a sign of good faith for turning up on monday.

best practise would have been for staffing to be sorted the previous friday. if you were told by the agency or the company then, i think it is a little out of order them not paying you.

chances are they've charged the company for you turning up monday (even for a small amount of time) if it was arranged on friday. if not the agency are at fault for not informing you.

call the agency and ask for a couple of hours as a sign of good faith and travle time etc.

best of luck - im having problems with my agency at the minute who have "forgotten" to send my payslip out this week so i can check they have paid me correctly and for travel time so i no what it is like!