direct debit taken but no bill received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

i joined orange end of july (3 weeks a go) got my mobile All ok ect,

today i have looked at my accound and i see a DD has been taken of £48.

no bill from orange has ever came, not had a text messgae nothink not even a welcome letter.

there was no money to pay for this DD as i was not told, if i was the dd would paid.

my back (hsbc) are now going to charge me £25 has a unpaid DD fee and i am on benfits.

Have you checked the Orange website? Some mobile phone companies automatically sign people up for paperless billing now so you don't get a paper bill, just a web-based one that you can print out if you want. Perhaps contact Orange Customer Services and ask them to set you up for text alerts aswell. I know T-Mobile do this and send you a text about a week before the DD will be taken, but you have to opt in for that first.

NEVER sign for a DD if you cannot have at least a baseline to cover debits. With paperless billing you can expect a bill almost instantly you sign up for forward charges. eBilling has removed the need for a paper bill giving notice, and not all firms debiting will provide an email warning of an upcoming debit. They MAY agree to a one-off credit for your costs, but if this is going to be a problem, cancel the DD now ant pay on receipt of your bill. It will cost more, but is cheaper in the long run.