style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help?

I have a CCJ from Microlend which has been coming out of my wages for over a year, it currently has a balance of £120 left to pay yet they have managed to get a hold of my bank details and taken £600 from my account, when I emailed they said they refuse to speak to me.

My Bank have refunded the money but now Microlend have sent them the original loan docs, how are they justified to take more than the court judgement was in the first place and what can I do to resolve this? I tried to contact the CAB but they didnt even come back to me.

Hey, i had a CCJ from Micro Lend in the past too. What i realised is that after the CCJ is issued other charges for an attachment of earnings or collection or court fees for example could apply afterwards... which is probably why the extra payment... If the bank have refunded the money what's the issue? I don't mean to be harsh - but i doubt there is much that can be done... i'm sure someone else will be along shortly with more advise... jamie.

I would to be on the safe side open a new account and so preventing them from trying to extract this money again. Good that you got the monies repaid but you must protect yourself with a new account because the bank may not be so favourable next time hun.

I have changed banks completely now but the company are trying to get the money back off the bank by contesting it and sending the court paperwork in, I have been in contact with the court and have to ring them back as tey said it doesnt sound right what they are doing but need to look into it,

If they get the money back it will leave me in debt on my old account which I dont want while I am trying to sort out my finances and credit rating.

As the account is closed and there is no balance it is highly unlikely that the bank will allow these funds to go ahead, infact id be astounded if they did. Good move in contacting the courts about this. Just be very wary about applying for any credit as these are very crafty in trying to obtain new account details.

yeah I have learnt that the hard way as I cannot see how they got my new details as its a new bank from when I originally took the loan out with them, they have shot themselves in the foot slightly as i have an email from them saying they are unwilling to correspond with me and will ignore any emails/phonecalls from me to discuss the matter.

• 1 month later...

No as of yet I have not had it back ,my bank will not refund it as they sent the original loan paperwork to say I owed the money (i only owe £106 out of the £530 they took), I have contacted the court to stop the attatchment which they wont however the judge has written a letter for me to say they are entitled to take no more from me than the attatchment which is owing which is £106 and as this legal order is in place they should not access my bank account, he has advised me to take legal advice,

I have emailed microlend today giving them 14 days to return the money pwed to me before I report the m to the police for fraudulently accessing my account and take legal advice regarding taking them to court to get my money back, I have also told them I will b going to the papers if they refuse to co-operate.

I will not be letting this rest until I have my money back!!

Counter claim against them, and claim multiple costs for loss of funds, that might make them wake up - have you contacted the police about this, and your local MP.

The police arrest people for breaking court orders, and they have breached the court order BIGTIME...

sorry Jamie absolutly no offence here intended at all What I meant was They poss attempted to get actual Bank details IE sort code etc and try that way wouldn't be the first or last PDC to try this route. I myself have a CCJ (not Pay day company) and they courts deemd whaT I should pay and when. I infact disputed the companies charges and interest with the court and they took away the interest, PPI and charges as they deemed them to be disaprotionate.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a phone call from Trading Standards Friday, they said they are looking into them asked me for docs to back up. Also got forms from Financial Ombudsman to claim back my money :0) trading standards said they should be able to get it back woohooooo!!!

Phone call today from Microlend asking where my cheque is to be sent, i have now received payment back into my account for all money taken (minus the amount outstanding on the court order) and also have written conf of what they have sent to the court to end the attatchment.

I am one happy lady and shows what a bit of perseverance can get you, once i got past the front line of "customer service" i actually got a lot more willingness to negotiate.

The deadline I set them was today to return my money before I took further action but atleast I now have my money back.

Top Darts!! good to hear some positive end results

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..