JSA reduced

afcwben
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DLA although it must be declared, isnt taken into consideration. Your son should however get a premium because of his disability.

JSA is age related and anyone between 18 - 24 is entitled to £51.85 this goes up to £65.45 at 25.

Disablity premium is paid at £28.00 so your son should be paid in the region of £79.85 per week unless his savings, capital etc affect his rate of benefit.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Incapacity Benefit [iB] isn't awarded any more, I believe. Some people on the forum still receive it, but are expecting to be migrated to ESA over the coming months.

Are you thinking of claiming?

HB

I was going to see if my son can claim it, does it replace JSA and how much is it?

I was going to see if my son can claim it, does it replace JSA and how much is it?

I do not wish to alarm you but usually JSA is the one that can replace IB or even people receiving dla that's the very reasons Incapacity Benefit will be stopped for lots of people the dwp is hoping most people will be put on JSA but with regards to your son who is very ill he should be absolutely fine where his illness is concern he'll should receive ESA under the Support group without problem but please do not take my answer as 100% one never know the decisions of the DWP.

Your son can claim DLA and JSA together.

The DLA won't reduce his JSA - in fact it will increase it by adding a disability premium to his JSA claim which means he will get more money.

If he is able to work, JSA is the correct benefit, but if he is not able to work due to his illness, he should claim ESA (Employment and Support Allowance). Incapacity Benefit can't be claimed for new claims anymore.

How much ESA is depends on whether someone is placed within the support group or the work related activity group, after the initial 13 week assessment phase. The terminally ill can be fast tracked to the support group without having to go through the assessment phase, if they are not expected to live for more than 6 months.

For a single person:

The assessment phase awards the same as JSA.

The work related activity group awards up to £91.40 per week

The support group awards up to £96.85 per week

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

He can claim ESA by one of three methods.

He can apply online

He can apply over the phone by calling freephone 0800 055 6688 (or if he uses a textphone it's 0800 023 4888) between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday

Or he can download the claim pack, complete the forms and send by post. I've attached these forms to this thread - even if he chooses not to apply by post it gives you a heads up on what questions the application consists of.

esa guidance notes.pdf

ESA1 interactive.pdf

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

He can claim ESA by one of three methods.

He can apply online

He can apply over the phone by calling freephone 0800 055 6688 (or if he uses a textphone it's 0800 023 4888) between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday

Or he can download the claim pack, complete the forms and send by post. I've attached these forms to this thread - even if he chooses not to apply by post it gives you a heads up on what questions the application consists of.

Just requoting this as the message board software struck, turning the last digit of the textphone number in Erika's post into a shades-wearing smiley.

The textphone number is 0800 023 4888.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.