parisbynight

PLEASE URGETN HELP ! PCN - Stopped On Bus Stand

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3649 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I received a PCN because I was stopped on a restricted bus stop.

I received the letter by the council with the cctv images.

Actually I had to pick up a family member who suffers from some sort of mental disorder. Since he was waiting for me at the bus stop (the only place he can confidently recognise) I had to stop at the end of the long bus stand in roder to allow him in the car.

I want to get this PCN cancelled since I feel it was very unfair .but I do not know how to write a letter to the council.

Please someone help me !!!!!!!!!!

I have only few days left to appeal.

Many Thanks !

Do as you've done here - make a representation, and hopefully they'll be sympathetic. However, private car users cannot pick up and drop off passengers at these locations and hope to avoid a challenge from the council.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Need a bit more info; can you post up the images/pcn (delete any personal info) so we can take a look? Also if you give us the location, we can check on Street View to see what the road markings/signs are like.

Normally a restriced bus stop is maked with a thick yellow line supported by a yellow plate with 'no stopping except buses' on it. It should also have a 'clearway' symbol. Basically, no other vehicle is permitted to use the stop apart from a local bus which is operating a stage carriage service along the route where the bus stop is. Coaches on private hire or excursion work are also not permitted to stop. It matters not if any other vehicle is stopped for less than a second, if you drop off or pick up within the area marked by the yellow line, then the offence has been committed.

However if you post the info requested, we will take a look to see if there is anyway round it.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

it was the bus stop/Stand at barking station

I do not know how to post pictures but if you look on google view(of barking,Ig11 station) its the bus stop next to pdsa,i made sure i stopped right at the end of of the long bus stop so I do not disturb any buses.

That would be a claim in mitigation (admitting to the transgression, but explaining the circunstances and measures taken to minimise disruption of the action). You would need to explain to the council first to see if they agree to cancellation, if not then you either pay up or take it to the adjudicator.

so he is classed as a 'vulnerable person' ?

yes vulnarable person.

But my english written skills are really bad and i dont know how to formulate my request to them.

can someone give me a template ..

Just taken a look on Street View here; http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Barking+station&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=15.059141,46.362305&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Barking+station&ll=51.543172,0.081689&spn=0,0.022638&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.53909,0.081071&panoid=8VTzW5D6ZXGpsSS2rXJlKw&cbp=12,73.72,,0,10.03

...and as you will see the stop is as I described in my original post so i'm afraid the PCN is correct (unless it is flawed).

As Buzby suggests, you could send them a grovelling letter and see if they will offer any sympothy but I would'nt hold my breath!

Please Note

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

how old is the family member ?

Okay.

Not much relief for vulnerable person in the parking rules. will need to look at DDA type stuff.

are you sure the bus stop is cosher ? properly signed etc ? have you checked ?

yes,i mean i know i was at fault but i had no other option at all...i simply could not tell this person to move from his place. and i didnt stop right in middle of bus stop ..i stopped at the far end (bent end) and buses could easily stop . (well i was stopped for 20sec )

So you are expert on the required signs and markings ?

have you check them against the TSRGD and any Special Authorisations from the DfT ?

hmm no..i dont really kn abou all this...

i juts want help to write up a letter

Take the advise given. I do not think you have any argument on the volunerable person front as the person was on their own and waited in a bus stop. You should have made other arrangemnts. I know it is harsh and I don't like the fact there is basically nowhere in that street to stop at all!

What others are suggesting and I agree with, is the council will probably reject your appeal on the basis you are suggesting. However, if the bus stop is not EXACTLY laid out correctly and signed in accordance with the TRO, then the bus stop in law does not exit. If it doesn't exist there can be no offence.

First port of call is to get hold of the TRO and see what exactly it says. Then check every fine detail, measuring if needed the bus stop itself. If for example the TRO say the stop should be 9'6" wide, and you measure it as 8! 6" then it is not correct and you can get it appealed on that basis alone.

I have looked at the said stop on street view and it appears to be correctly marked with the appropiate signage. There is no exceptions which I am aware of for stopping for 'vunerable people' by vehicles other than buses which are operating a local service. The only option for the OP is to send a letter explaining his circumstances and hope for the best. This of course, is assuming that there are no flaws with the PCN itself. Perhaps the OP can post it up (deleting any personal detail) so it can be checked.

Please Note

Please Note

However, if the bus stop is not EXACTLY laid out correctly and signed in accordance with the TRO, then the bus stop in law does not exit. If it doesn't exist there can be no offence.

First port of call is to get hold of the TRO and see what exactly it says. Then check every fine detail, measuring if needed the bus stop itself. If for example the TRO say the stop should be 9'6" wide, and you measure it as 8! 6" then it is not correct and you can get it appealed on that basis alone.

A TRO for a bus stop clearway?? Since when has that been a requirement? No traffic order is required for a bus stop clearway the contravention is laid down in statute no TRO is required.

Can't see the relevance in the above link. It deals with bus lanes. This thread is about bus stops. And after taking a quick look, I note that there is at least one wrong bit of info; areas where camera enforcement is taking place must have signs warning of such?

Please Note

Please Note