Bank has lost my cheque

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

not sure if posting in correct place.

I paid a cheque into my account yesterday and it showed online as a credit . I've now had a phonecall from the bank saying that the Cashier had incorrectly entered my cheque as cash and they've had to remove the cash credit from my account, but also that they've lost my cheque!

When I check online there is no evidence that anything was ever paid in, the transaction has just disappeared. I've just checked my receipt and it does say on it cash.

Anybody know what my rights are? Really needed the money on Friday.

Thanks in advance

weejay6000

Edited by weejay6000

If they have given you a reciept then you should go in there and contest it. Despite the fact you gave them a cheque you have a reciept and there will be proof it hasnt gone in to your account and they will need to put it in immediateyl Its a massive error on their part!

You should tell the person that wrote you the cheque though so they can check their end whether it has come out, etc. Because if it has then your bank will need to speak to their bank to sort that out.

As long as you have proof of some form that the money should of gone in you should be fine! If needs be i am sure they can look at the cameras to see the cheque being paid in!

LTSB lost a cheque that my son paid into his account. It took him months to get a replacement cheque. LTSB didn't offer any help

Worse still, the money appeared on his statement, then was reversed twice and they wanted weeks to sort it out!