Santander Cards - Unhelpful

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post so please be nice :).

I have a Dorothy Perkins Store Card but haven't used it since June 2009. The same with my Debenhams and Miss Selfridge one. I had my purse stole so I managed to report them stolen and then cancel my Debenhams and Miss Selfridgecards with no issues - through an automated system. So i tried to report my DP one stolen and they put me through to an operator who was really unhelpful despite the fact it was stolen she dldn't help me because she couldn't verify my account. I left it and called back after half an hour. Again to cancel it like i did with the others. The next operator couldn't verify me either apparantly. He took my name, address, post code, my account password and my D.O.B - twice and then asked for my account limit. I haven't had a statement for over a year so i wasnt sure what the limit was but as the only question i couldnt answer he said to call back when i have the information. I explained my problem to him again and he basically told me til i get that info he won't help me.

I really don't know what to do. I am completely baffled by the fact that they arent bothered about the criminals using my card, yet I, the account holder, can't get into my account to cancel / report it.

Can anyone help me please? I would really appreciate it!

From memory, going to the store is of no use, as the card is run by an offshoot, and only the finance house control the admin issues. You need to write, requesting the cancellation and referring to the previous issues on the phone. As oyu cannot provide the limit on the account, you do not wish this to be used an an excuse to keep you liable. You are asking for the account to be closed and the card cancelled immediately. (If that's what you require).

It is exactly what i require! I have sent the letter requesting it to be closed immidiately and then an immediate e-mail telling me this has been done and to be follwed up by letter! I don't hold out too much hope though!!!

Thank you