• Tweets

• Debt charities have urged the Insolvency Service to develop stronger rules to protect customers from bad practice among IVA lead generators View the full article
    • Hi,     I'm in the process of voluntary termination of my moneybarn agreement, in accordance with secion 99(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I have returned the vehicle, it was collected by a 3rd party on behalf of MB, in driveable condition with fear wear and tear condition.  Their report states that the condition was "Average" (The options were Good, Average and Poor). I have paid more than 50% and recently, before starting the VT process spent £700 to make sure car is roadworthy (gearbox repairs). I am £880 over the 50% mark. Today I've received final billing letter estimating body repairs at over £1,300 (the bodywork is fine - peeling lacquer and alloy wheels would need refurb though). I've purchased the car at 7 years old with over 80k miles, through National Car Credit (pretty sure I've seen another topic on here about them). The car is now more than 10 years old, and I did take pictures + videos of the car before it was collected.   Now. I've had a payment holiday through April and May (which I don't dispute and will willingly cover the amount that they're asking for this payment holiday term) But however I'm not okay with covering the bodywork repairs for a car that is over 10 years old and wasn't excellent condition the day I've purchased it. It came with no service history book and only one key (on my own expense I've purchased another one and had it programmed)   No arrears on the account, no missed payments (just 2 month agreed payment holiday - between myself and MB) which I'm okay to cover. Given the car back in drive-able condition (it was very noisy the week before it was collected, hence why I've spent money on repairs) half of tank of petrol, kept tax up to the day it was collected.   Advice would be appreciated, thank you.   dx: I can't pm you as I haven't got enough posts on here, but if you'd like more details and see what has been sent and see the responses please PM me.     Thanks.
    • I am not a lawyer but I definitely think you are correct.   You will need evidence that Fast Track was not available on your way out - "Unknown reasons" sounds ominous. Do you have pictures/videos/written records to prove it?   Ryanair website states they are not responsible for you missing your flight as a result of fast track, but it doesn't say anything about not being responsible for the product they sold you not being available. Have you tried asking for a refund already?   Either way they sold you something that they did not provide - I don't see how this can be legal - and hopefully you should be able to prove it. Get written evidence that they refused to refund you (if you don't have it already) and take it straight to your card provider. (by many accounts it seems pointless to try and negotiate with Ryanair)
    • Hello everyone, recently I ordered 4 birds, 2 canaries and 2 lovebirds from a pet shop in Nottingham. When I received the birds, one of the canaries looked scruffy and had a bald spot on its back. when I asked the owner if this was normal he stated that “it is a baby and will be normal in a week” so I waited a week and I discovered it was sneezing throughout the night. I then decided to check their weight and the scruffy one was only 15 grams while the other was 26 grams. While weighing them I discovered they were covered in blood mites (small bugs that feed on blood) so I contacted him and he said I could return them but I’m unable to drive an hour to his shop so I offered to pay another delivery fee fr him to pick it up but he was ignoring me so I decided to try to treat them and bought many medicines and I cured their mute problem but now all 4 birds are sneezing, I’ve had many birds before and I’ve never had these problems so I asked him if he couldn’t please come pick them up but he kept reading my messages and ignoring me then when I called him he blocked my number so I messaged him on my other number laws showing te sale of an ill animal is prohibited and sent him proof of his false advertising (saying they were “excellent healthy birds”) proof fm their illness and he blocks me again. I feel scammed and according to the law he I is obligated to refund me for the birds and any medical expenses but I don’t know know where to report him or what to do about it. Any suggestions would  be greatly appreciated. Thank you 
    • well anyway. as its the same email then and not directed at them to pay no its not correct they have done it under gdpr etc etc.   so regarding the debt. what readings prior to this have you been sending? to prove this billing is correct or not  have regularly sent them before  and is the estimated readings higher than your actual usage. when does the debt First date back too aswell        
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
nicola060

Nicola -v- BC/Monument

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3647 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi quick question I had have a credit card with monument initial credit limit was £200 over the years they have increased my balance to £800 with interest charges and I know I have paid the credit limit more than twice over the years can I reclaim my charges to reduce the debt I will of course cca them can you let me know what monument are like with refunding excessive charges because I believe the debt has been paid more than enough

Hi Nicola,

You can reclaim all penalty charges added to your a/c, plus interest. Read this thread for guidance - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?271291-Barclaycard-4-cards

To maximise the amount by which you reduce the debt, reclaim the charges plus compound interest. It's more work but pays dividends, particularly if there are older charges on your a/c.

To avoid hijacking, I've moved your post into your own new thread.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)