Bizarre EasyJet last minute reschedule

DannyAero

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I hope there is someone here that can help me with this.

Basically, I was booked onto an EasyJet flight from Glasgow to Bristol (EZY408 21:15, 17th Aug 2010). I checked in online and arrived at the airport in plenty of time. On passing security the boards were displaying a 30 minutes delay to the flight (I.e. A 21:45 departure). They still displayed that at 21:00 when I checked.

I sat in the departure lounge coffee shop to pass the time. Although I was not in view of a departure board (there were none in the area), I sat directly beneath an extremely loud speaker, which was regulary updating passengers on flight details on airlines including easyjet. I thought I would be safe as any update would be apparent and I could make the short trip to the gate with plenty of time to spare.

However, on finishing my coffee and heading to the gate 15 minutes before the rescheduled departure time. I was told that the gate was in fact closed and the boards had been updated at 21:00, when the delay was reduced. At this stage the aircraft was on the Tarmac with the doors open.

There were no easyjet staff on the airport as all check-ins and boarding is dealt with by an external company. The agent from this company told me that there were announcements, which she did herself, and they would have been broadcast the the location u was sitting in. She said there was nothing else I could do apart from book onto a flight the next day at the cost of £43 excluding overnight accommodation.

The lady at the check in desk could not offer any further assistance other than to say there were 50 seats available the next morning. She did tell me, however, that glasgow was a "silent airport" so only selected announcements get broadcast to the whole departure lounge.

Does anyone have any experience in this area? Am I entitled to any compensation from EasyJet for failing to provide adequate notice of the change of departure time? The only assistance I was given on the day were an address to write to, a telephone helpline that was closed and an email address.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Dan

Hello and welcome to CAG. I don't know if you have a case, but hopfully one of our experts will be along later. I've read Easyjet's Terms and Conditions and didn't see anything about boarding, apart from being at the gate 25 minutes before the scheduled departure time. My OH used Ryanair more [sadly for him] but I have a vague recollection of the passenger being responsible for observing the departure boards.

Not all aiports have announcements for every flight and my OH always checks the boards. I hope I'm wrong and that another cagger will have a way around your problem.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Oh good old Easy jet. Where the customer is ALWAYS wrong and they are ALWAYS right. I have never flown with them and thanks to their advert (AIRLINE, Sky 3) I never would. In fact, I would rather chew my own ear off than give Kojaks brother any money!

I can't answer the question as I don't know the legal situation, but I was very nearly caught out like this myself - also with EJ.

Checked in, through security, and departure boards showing an almost 2 hour delay. I was on the point of ordering a meal when the departure time suddenly flipped back to normal.

I don''t understand how this happens.