received notice of evition for 26th august......i'd be so grateful for any advice

tigger72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You'll be absolutely fine in court Tigger72. Speaking from my own personal experiences, the judge will understand any nervousness and anxiety you might be feeling and will make you feel very at ease. Just make sure you are prepared with regards to your paperwork and responses.

Stay strong, stay positive and good luck!

Thankyou for your support, I had a phone call from the woman at court today to say they have no judge for tomorrow so it will now have to be thursday 10am, 45 minutes before the eviction time......oh god another night with no sleep :( sixofspades what sort of questions do they ask and will someone from the mortgage co be there? I just want this to be over, and I want to keep my home don't know what i will do if i do lose it :(

The judge will just ask you questions relating to your defence. It will be handy to know general information such as how long your mortgage term is, what your repayment proposal is (actual figures) and how you are going to maintain this going forward without having to dig through paperwork. The judge may discuss specifics relating to the budget sheet you have provided too. Oh and if you can, prepare copies of your defence paperwork for everyone on "your side" in the court room (Yourself, your spouse, your representation should you have any). This is just so that you can all refer to the same information at the same time without passing papers around.

In my own hearing, Kensington did not attend but that was a special case for me (Kensington cancelled but the Judge saw me and my family and made a ruling in our favour anyway). You should assume Kensington will be sending a representative of their own. It's important you don't try to cut them off in protest whilst they are giving their side of events - don't worry as the judge will hear you both. If their representative approaches you outside of the court, try not to be aggressive or hostile too - it might be an emotional time but just stay cool and clear.

Can't thank you all enough for your help and support, I definately couldnt not have done this without you. My husband made a payment to kensington today of £500 (£207.50 towards debt) I phoned kensington to ensure they had received payment and also a letter we sent off last week confirming the amount we offer to pay. The guy said they are still waiting for the bank statements before they will decide if to accept the offer and as they received the letter on monday morning they had not replied to it because the eviction hearing is for wednesday and I would not receive the reply in time and they will wait to hear what happens at the hearing (I was kinda hoping they would accept the offer and save me the stress of going through the hearing :( ) when I told them that the hearing has not been changed to thurs the day of the proposed eviction he told me to phone back tomorrow and see if they could accept the offer of repayment. Do they have a duty to reply to my letter and also is it correct that they cannot accept offers of repayment without bank statements, will the judge question why I have not sent them?