Me Vs RBOS - The ball is rolling **WON**

weej
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm going after RBOS M/C now too and just got my statements through. Any advice who to send the prelim to (ie a Southend on Sea version of Tommy McLean?)

Address and/ or email would be great.

Thanks

j

Weej, I was passed to :-

Kay Majid - Solicitor, Group Litigation

RBS Group

1 Princes Street

London

EC2R 8PB

[email protected]

Mine was a tiny claim, but they stated intention to defend in the High Court of Justice, Queen's Bench Division, Commercial Court, Royal Courts of Justice !!! - I think that's part of the Old Bailey !!

They didn't defend, and paid up - so don't let that scare you !!!

HTH

Bill.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the statements through. Not as much as I had hoped, but still a couple of hundred pounds which will be better in my pocket.

Prelim sent to "Big Mac" for latest bank charges. 1 quick email and he is getting them refunded (wow, that took all of 1 day to sort out).

As for the Credit card centre in Southend, anyone got a good contact there to send my Prelim/ lba etc?

Thanks

J

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

I'm going after RBOS M/C now too and just got my statements through. Any advice who to send the prelim to (ie a Southend on Sea version of Tommy McLean?)

Address and/ or email would be great.

Thanks

j

I started with the address I sent payments to which was Milton Keynes then the replies came from Southend-on-Sea. Not sure of the Tommy McLean equiv tho ... wish I did as you can see they are being utter 'doodahs' with me!!! I'll name n shame if u like - My amazing beyond belief letters are from Jenny Burgess - Senior Customer aAdvisor - Also had a letter from Rebecca Head & Amanda Hickman of the same title - but not half as amusing! ;)

Nowt in post today again btw so if I get nowt again tomorrow then i'm ready to MCOL!! :D

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

I had an interesting occurence the other day and was wondering what others thought of it,

I had a phone call from a guy that i mentioned in one of my threads who stated that he googled his own name and got a result pointing him to the thread. From that and the details i put in the thread it didnt take him long to figure out who the poster was so rang me about it. The guy was actualy fine about it but it started me thinking.

Supposing the remark was disparaging (which it wasnt) like a few i have seen on here, as its in printed form wouldnt that leave the poster or the site open to a charge of libel.

Secondly as a few bank employees have been helpfull in sorting claims, naming them could get them in trouble with their employees. After all they are only basic people like us who work for the banks and have to carry out the banks orders. I for one wouldnt like to think that my actions have helped to get someone sacked.

For both of the above reasons i have decided that naming bank employees is a no no wether good or bad.

Irrespective if they are ordinary people or not disparaging remarks regarding named individuals should not be displayed on this or any other site.

As long as you say nice true things you can mention them as often as you like unless they request you stop

I tried a thread like this but with the 'Not' so nice employees at teh banks.

If naming indivduals that work for the banks, and they are good for CAG members.

Then surely its as much in members interest to know the ones to dodge to gain better correspondence by phone or letter and again for thier best interest

So can a thread be made now please called

"Bank employee navigation":D

How to get around your bank with no fuss,

Cut your claim time by half,

Know a dead end before you reach it ( maybe:rolleyes: ),

get your position after one request,

Clear directions to your next destination.

Good to see this thread is provoking some thought.

As for the libel scenarios etc, If I call someone, say, a "tosser", I dont intentionally claim he spends an inordinate amount of time in the bathroom. I am only saying I dont rate him (IMO)

Some people have (I have read) written posts claiming someone is intentionally lying and deceiving them. This could be libelous and is not something I could condone. I would agree with breadline completely, people should be pointed to the most effective contact and not lead up administrative cul-de-sacs. The bottom line is, we are all entitled to an opinion.

As for Tommy and other helpful bank employees, I was not saying that they just roll over so go see them first, I was simply commenting that they act quickly and professionally and do their repective employers' reputation no harm, unlike some of the charlatans you read about on other banks' posts.

Know what I mean?

j

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

I agree with you breadline and with weej which makes me either sad or mad.

I agree that such info would be a help but I also mention that even if you make disparaging remarks about a named person on an open forum, even if they ain't slanderous, then the site could have problems.

The banks would love to shut down sites like these & they would probably fund litigation on behalf of any member of their staff so slandered is all I'm saying.

I suggest that we only point each other in the direction of the helpfull staff & just ignore the rest. Bearing in mind how many there are of us pursuing the banks it won't take long to build up a data base on the good guys............& gals

IMO

I think its sad that people can not actually express their indepth contact with an employee and advise of not obtaining accurate or good information with out actually giving them a derogatory title.

Theres many other ways of expressing unsatisfactory service as by doing that it helps no one especially not the site.

Theres many ways to vent, doing it at the individual is not the way forward, but advising that a certain individuals access to accurate information is not a crime. If a person gives false information or inaccurate information then it should be flagged.

Bl:)

• 1 year later...

Hi, hoping I can get some help here and record it for future people's benefit.

I had a credit card with RBS which got a bit out of hand....ie I owed about 3 grand and missed some payments. I made a more recent agreement, but due to genuine confusion (I thought they were setting up a debit) and me being absent minded/ lazy, I have missed the last 2 months payments.

This is where Triton comes in. Firstly I get a dodgy telephone call where they didnt even know my name (I did ask them to confirm who I was dealing with), then last week I got a letter. Came home from work today to a phone cal from an obnoxious woman who made all sorts of threats and sneering remarks.

As with other threads, she asked for the full amount and when I told her it wasn't possible, she said the best offer the could accept was 6 months @£500 per month (sound familiar). When I said that I couldnt afford that and offered an initial 50-£100 per month, she told me that they would be referring this for court action. This caught me off guard and really worried me. I asked to be allowed the chance to speak with RBS but she said they wouldn't talk to me.

Help!!! what do I do. Request a copy of the CCA? Is there any point speaking with the bank? These people do ot sound as if they are going to be flexible at all.

Oh, to confuse matters, I claimed charges back off them last year and got half back. It was purely down to lazyness that I didn't pursue the other half. Do I have any grounds to claim that back now and use this as grounds for a dispute?

Thanks for any help.

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

Triton, if I recall are part of RBS.

Yes, I would CCA them, (Triton) and see what they have.

I have a NatWest and despite the threats, Triton were not a problem.

You could claim back the remainder of the charges but it could be an idea to sit on that at present. If it got serious, (they would almost certainly put it out to an extenal DCA), the unlawful charges on the accout would mean their default notice is incorrect and derail any court claim.

David

• Haha 1

Send them this, kills many birds with one stone. Remember unsigned, and with a £1 postal order and by recorded delivery.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY.

Re:

Dear Sir,

With reference to the account above I would be grateful if you could send me a copy of the signed credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (sections 77-79); I am entitled to receive a copy of the credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand that a copy of the credit agreement should be received within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Please treat this also as a formal complaint, and send me a copy of your company complaints procedure.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Triton are full of ****

RBoS would probably ignore any letters / complaints etc. Even valid complaints are ignored & they claim black is white until backed into a corner when they say that they will not discuss it any more!!!

Go for the CCA request & see what they have.

Stand clear of their pram - be ready for them to jetison their toys.

Grumpy

Thanks for the info, I will use the letter below (will include the doorstep bit, even although they havent threatned that yet

One question.....why do you not sign letters to DCA's (I've seen that in quite a few threads).

Also.......latest development......Despite Triton saying RBS would not even speak to me about this, I've just had a C/C statement through from RBS saying my minimum payment is £150 this month :confused: Does the right arm know what the left one is doing?

Cheers

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

You don't sign them as unscrupulous DCA's (is there any other kind?) have been known to copy signitures onto CCA's.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

• dx100uk changed the title to Me Vs RBOS - The ball is rolling **WON**