friends paramount credit card + Robinso Way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I am doing this on behalf of a very upset dear friend....

She was getting allsorts of nastyness from RW, she was paying a small amount per month but couldnt really sustain it - when she finally broke down and told me the story i advised her to send off for a copy of the CCA.... as many of us have done on these forums....

Last week, after 4 weeks of nothing, she received a hand scrawled envelope and in it was what looks like a copy of the CCA - it has the correct address, it also has her signature.....There was NO covering letter wth it, it was just a single photocopied sheet attached to a compliments slip!

I have scanned and posted it up for you to look at......

advice please ....... is it good enough ?

many thanks

OOT

page 2.pdf

page 1.pdf

60 seconds is all it takes to financial freedom:lol::lol:

That is the sentence of the century, what utter fools, back when money grew on trees and they were ramming it in our pockets!

Look where it got them and the state they put the country in..:-x

At least it will make for good hamster bedding, or to write the shopping list on.

Send the morons this, via recorded delivery

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/582-possible-letter-when-a-questionable-agreementapplication-is-sent

OR

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/582-possible-letter-when-a-questionable-agreementapplication-is-sent

Stop any payments, await the fallout, and then either send them a F&F offer of say 1% of the outstanding debt, or nothing at all.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

....Just an update....

Followed your advice Bazooka Boo ( many thanks) and it seems that they have gone away with their tails between their legs.....

HOWEVER........ My dear friend has just had a letter from Moorcroft for EXACTLY the same debt....i thought that if one company couldn't supply the CCA request then they couldn't pass it on to another company?

Is there an appropriate course of action here?

many thanks again friends

OOT

hi,

Letter 17 here:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors.html

If they continue to chase, report them to Trading Standards.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 3 weeks later...

..Good Morning dear Friends.....

Took your advice Silverfox and sent the letter..... it all went quiet until last Wednesday.

My friend received a letter from Wescot (I mistakenly named Moorcroft in the last post above!) stating the following:

....We refer to your recent communication regarding this account.

Whilst we acknowledge the contents of your letter, to enable us to investigate this matter further, please provide us with full details in writing in order that we can liase with our client.

We look forward to receiving the above as soon as possible, together with payment of the part of the balance which is not in dispute.

This has totally destroyed my friend who thought this had gone away. I am absolutely incensed about this, especially the final paragraph.

What can i do about this?????

thanks in advance my Friends

OOT

Do not respond.What they want you todo is respond to their questions which in turn admits your friends liability of owing the debt.

Let them do the work.

If the 12+2 days has passed send the Account in Dispute letter also remember to put in "i do acknowledge any debt to your company" and sit back and relax and wait for their next drivell.

Do not respond.What they want you todo is respond to their questions which in turn admits your friends liability of owing the debt.

Let them do the work.

If the 12+2 days has passed send the Account in Dispute letter also remember to put in "i do acknowledge any debt to your company" and sit back and relax and wait for their next drivell.

..the thing is - the original demand came from Robway, they went away when i requested CCA - then wescott turned up with the same thing 3 months later.

I have sent the 'account in dispute with someone else' letter...

The reply to this is in my last post

OOT

Hi OOT,

Send Wetcloths a letter stating this account is already in dispute with xxx DCA attach a copy of the letter sent to RW and await their response.They will send you a letter saying they have passed it back probably...don't worry.

There is nothing they can do without an agreement and report them as SF says.

My friend received a letter from Wescot stating the following:

....We refer to your recent communication regarding this account.

Whilst we acknowledge the contents of your letter, to enable us to investigate this matter further, please provide us with full details in writing in order that we can liase with our client.

We look forward to receiving the above as soon as possible, together with payment of the part of the balance which is not in dispute.

This has totally destroyed my friend who thought this had gone away. I am absolutely incensed about this, especially the final paragraph.

What can i do about this?????

thanks in advance my Friends

OOT

Don't worry, tell your friend this is standard computer generated letters, of wetcloths were sent http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

And that is their response to it, they can be ignored, and a complaint made against them to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

It's only wetcoloths, someone has obviously left the crayons out again, IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

...Interestingly enough ......My friend received a letter from RobinsonWay yesterday, stating that they were returning the matter back to the original creditor.

Does this now leave the gate open for Westcot to pursue?....not that they can really because if the CAA request was obtainable i'm sure Robway would have done it.

Would be interesting to see if they do come back.

Thanks

OOT

All depends who their 'clients' are?

Who was the original creditor (OC)?

They are usually the clients in this murky mire, robbersway and wetcliths are simply the gophers..

Pretty much, yes :sad:

The fact that you requested a CCA from Robbersway, and they failed to either ask the OC to forward you a copy, OR, they did ask and were told there isn't one, then they flog it on to the next bunch of muppets, who chance their arm at collecting on it, each reply is the same:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

Keeping an eye on the Credit file will give you a heads up as to who has it in their lap at that time, as it will be marked on the CRF. Then they either 'find' the agreement OR it runs past it's limitation period and is defunct, but can still be chased, although not as vigorously. (ooh word of the eveneing Vigorously....!)

hi, what they have sent you is a copy of an application form, did you recive any terms and conditions with this application form. i only recived the front of an application form and a set of recon term and conditions? after sending the account in dispute letter i have recived requests for payment from moorcrap and crapquest. both of which i declined it seems that the dca merry go round will go round and round,

• 2 weeks later...

..I sent Wescot a very firm ( but polite letter) stating yet again that the account was still in dispute and that my friend would not be supplying any information at all and that no further correspondence would be entered into and indeed any further letters would be passed onto OFT Ombudsman etc.

.......My friend has now received another letter from Wescot asking for her 3 previous addresses and when she vacated them " in order to avoid a breach of the data protection act"

What are these mongrels upto?...shall i just get her to ignore it?

thanks

OOT

Yes IGNORE the fools, there is NO LEGAL RIGHT to supply this information, THEY are the ones who are breaching the DPA, this letter confirms that, send a copy of it to the OFT&TS & I would even start a complaints process with the ICO get them involved.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

In a very tiny incy wincy nutshell, they are confirming in writing, that they are not 100% certain that they are corresponding with the correct person, and in order for them NOT to fall foul of the DPA, they want HER to clarify wjat they can't. SO DON'T! If they can't run their corrupt rotten to the core company legally, then allow them to hang themselves by their own petard.

If you wish to entertain their game of letter tennis, simply write back stating that as they are not certain of the identity of the person they are demanding money from and are in breach of the DPA themselves, you have forwarded all their correspondence ontp the ICO to investigate, and will continue to do so for as long as they send correspondence to this address.

• 2 months later...

Dear friends,

hope everyone is well....

All went quiet with my friends issue documented above..... she received a ratty letter from Iqor recently stating something to the tune of, 'pay up or will will take you to court - do not contact Halifax Bank, make all payments to us" sort of thing.

I sent a reply on her behalf saying that the account was still in dispute - so sling your your hook.

yesterday she received a letter from The Halifax, well, it was a statement actually - and on it it said that " if you do not pay the sum owed by 4th Jan 2011 we have the right to transfer funds from any other account you hold with us - even if it is a joint account" the letter came from an Edinburgh EH12 1AS address and has a prepaid envelope back to Card Services Edinburgh EH11 4EF.

Now, she does not have any other account with Halifax, but she does have an account with LLoyds - who basically own Halifax and RBS - can they take the money from her lloyds account?

could it be that Iqor have returned tis account to Halifax and they are just sending her a threatening letter in the hope she will pay?

...this is a big worry for her.

advice please

many thanks

OOT

If they do try to take money from the Lloyds account immediately issue an N1 form and sue them for it... they are chasing because they have to satisfy government requirements on getting money back at the moment (but of course they aren't lending any either....)

Thanks Sillygirl...

My point here is that can they do this even though the account is still in default with the CCA request.

There have been 4 DCAs had a go at this now.....surely you would have thought they would have done this in the first place if it was possible?

thanks

OOT

Hi oot

They WILL do this despite any uncertain legal ground they are on. It is best as the good advice already given to get another account opened quickly in an unrelated bank and move the money and move any inwards payments to that new account.

The banks per se have a total disregard of regulations, the law or any dispute, if they can THEY WILL TAKE THE MONEY.

regards

oilyrag.