financialfreedom??

Please help advise me on halifax and egg credit cards plus a halifax overdraft

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3641 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I'm a newbie and I was wondering if anyone could help me because I am getting dizzy flipping through the threads lol.

I have just finished my Master's degree, but I have yet to find full time employment. I am still working my part time job and I earn roughly £600 per month.

The debts I have are:

1) £2700 credit card debt with Halifaxlink3.gif - I've had this card for about 3 years

2) £550 credit card debt with Egglink3.gif - I've had this card for about 2 years

3) £700 overdraftlink3.gif with halifax which I've only had for about 6 months.

I have closed both the credit card accounts, but I'm still being charged interest. I can only just about afford to pay £50 a month on each credit card account, but the interest is killing me. With egg, I get charged about £10 a month in interest which isn't too bad I guess, but with halifax, it's about £40 a month in interest. I feel as if I will never pay off these debts.

I used the halifax overdraft to pay off the remainder of my tuition fees, so they are charging me £1 a day. When halifax they take there charges, it sometimes pushes the balance over the agreed limit, so I then get charged £5 a day. I'm not sure if anything can be done with this account as I've only had the overdraft for about 6 months (although I've had the account for about 3 years)

Here is the advice I am seeking:

1) Is it possible to have the interest frozen on these accounts? If so, how would I go about doing this? Are there any templates I could use? And what addresses would I send them too? I actually did ask halifax (over the phone) if they could freeze the interest when I rung them to close the account. But they said the interest would be charged until I clear the debt.

2) Would I be able to claim back any of the charges made on the accounts? (ie, overlimit fee, interest and late fees)

3) Would me pursuing a freeze on the interest and claiming back charges affect my credit score in any way?

Sorry for the long post.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance :-)