DPA disclosure request+statements

stooly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Having read the other posts in this forum I gather it is necessary to pay £10 for your DPA disclosure - can anyone tell me who I should make a cheque payable to, i.e. Natwest, the infamous Mr Higley, Mr Lyons the DP Manager, etc. I'd guess Natwest but I don't want to mess round sending stuff through recorded delivery more than I need to.

TIA, robb

Phine the bank and ask them but it obviously won't be made out to a person will it? It will be the bank

• 2 weeks later...

I received my statements as a reply to my DPA disclosure request but am unsure from other posts whether this is the correct response as they imply that the two are related but different. Should I expect more data to arrive detailing manual intervention as I requested in my DPA disclosure request or start my claim now? The letter enclosed with the statements only mentioned that I could find my statements enclosed with the letter! Thanks Mr Higley for that useful insight...

Incidentally, the package I received my statements in from NatWest was an enormous brown envelope ripped in several places, which I gather from other posts appears to be standard practice. Pretty poor considering that it is personal data, though maybe they are just doing their bit in recycling raggedy old brown envelopes for the sake of the environment... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Brief history; I sent DPA request along with £10 cheque on 16/03, NW sent statements arriving in pathetic packaging on 25/03. Follow-up DPA SAR sent on 03/04 asking for SAR as I thought that statements were not part of the SAR, in addition they had not detailed whether or not manual intervention had taken place. NW sent following reply 06/04;

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxx,

Data Protection Act - Subject Access Request

Thank you for your recent letter requesting personal data held about you by the Bank.

Any information required to be provided to you under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act will be forwarded to you at the above address as soon as possible.

Thank you for informing us of the condition of the packaging used to mail your statements; we can only apologise for this and will address the issue accordingly.

In the meantime we acknowledge receipt of your payment for £10.00 in respect of the fee.

If you have any queries relating to this matter please do not hesitate to contact me at the telephone number shown above.

Yours sincerely,

Joyce Tudor

Retail Regulatory Risk

Does this mean that the DPA clock starts now or when they pay the cheque in, or did it start when NW sent the statements!? I would phone Joyce about this but think that she'll probably have to get back to me...

MODERATED can you please keep to the one thread as this is for your benefit and the benefit of others following your case.

It started from the day after you posted your request , as that will be when it was deemed they recieved it.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

mjanet - Thanks for the info. Will keep to this thread with updates...

Mr Higley promptly replied to my first letter of action (sent on the 3 March) on the 6 March to say that the charges were fair, reasonable and transparent BUT he asked his friend Mr Sinden at RBS to take a look anyway, although he didn't tell me he was doing this. Anyway, Mr Sinden took his time but a month later on the 6 April agreed with his friend Mr Higley and thought that penalty charges were also fair, reasonable and transparent and stated that "against this background, we must differ from the views expressed in your emails." (To this date I have never sent an email to either bank and don't even know their @ddress.) Despite this, Mr Sinden did not entirely agree with Mr Higley and thought that this was an "exceptional matter" and "as a gesture of goodwill" would refund my account with £30 and "close the account accordingly" but that this would be the "bank's final response."

Unfortunately, £30 won't cut it for the £270 in unfair charges accrued thus far and as the Bank's views differ from those expressed in my LETTERS, the time has come to serve NW. Hope I can get the baliffs in if, nay, when I win :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got some details re manual intervention and notes on my account on Saturday 15th April, though they are totally unrelated to penalty charges. However, a letter accompanying the notes says that "information held by other areas of the Bank will be sent to you seperately." Interesting reading through other threads where people have been asked to explain what manual intervention is - I sent the default letter from the forum library and then a follow up letter specifying a "Subject Access Request" several times, so it would appear that at least the Customer Collections Centre understood the message. Perhaps other areas of the Bank can't understand English, or maybe they are so swamped with these requests they are having to stall...

Guest Lueeze

So have you waited longer than 40 days for this extra info?

if you have file a complaint with the IC

So have you waited longer than 40 days for this extra info?

if you have file a complaint with the IC

I think they delivered the goods in time so I shall have to let them off in that respect, though I'm wondering if I would have a case for complaining to the IC about the packaging used as it was appalling!

Thanks to the advice on the website I've had a great start to the day as I got the £419 I claimed for. After acknowledging last week they have now told me it will not be financially viable. Muhahahaha. Once the cheque clears I will definitely be making a donation for all the help. cheers!

one last question... the letter they sent says to inform the court immediately - does this mean using the moneyclaim system and then enter judgment by admission, or do I write to the court?

Well it looks like they took my complaint seriously regarding the quality of the packaging they used to send me my statements, as on 25th April I received the SAR with all the data held on me by the Bank in an envelope that didn't look like it had been used a hundred times before AND it was delivered via courier. Needless to say it's a bit late as the Bank already settled! Anyway, can anyone help with my question in the post above dated 22nd April? TIA

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks