aplins solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, advice please!!!! I am with cccs on a dmp and have been for 10 months or so. My MBNA credit card account (taken out after april 2007) has been sold to direct legal and collections. They have consequently gone to Aplins Solicitors who have sent me a letter saying to ring Hillesden Securities directly (which I haven't done) or write to them (which i haven't done) to arrange full payment or reach an agreement within seven days or legal proceedings may be commenced. Are there any real worries with this kind of approach from them? Can they really take me to court to try and obtain the debt? Further to this, can there be a case of 'unenforcable credit' on accounts taken out after April 2007, if so how do i go about it?

aplins will just be the next desk from DLC or more probable, a diff letterhead in the same printer!

ignore the if, but, could, might, maybe..letters from tame solicitors, just another ruse to get you to contact them.

are MBNA under your DMP?

just be aware that you should not pay too much credence to the claims of these co's that say they can get dent wiped out.

an un-en CCA is not some magic bullet that wipes debt out, it solely means they cannot go to court with it.

look at reclaiming unlawful charges & p'haps mis-sold PPI , that will kill many a CC balance downwards.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi mattdel.

Post 04/2007 is tricky so wouldn't hold out too much hope there. BUT mbn@ aren't the best at this so i'm not saying there's no hope!

Firstly, DLC ARE Hillesden - all the same company. Not sure about Aplins, i'm sure someone will know them.

Has it definately been sold? DLC don't tend to buy them, just collect for the OC. Who have you been paying through your DMP?

Anyway, winding things back a bit here do you have the original DN? Do you have paperwork saying that Hillesden now OWN the debt? If it's of any consequence i've dealt with (and ignored) DLC in the past and they've always given up and pased it on.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Matt

DLC, Ruthbridge, Hillsden Aplins are all the same peeps! have a look at CAG put in Ruthbridge or even Direct Legal collections in the header and see what you come up with!

like other advice - Everything in writing and dont speak to them on the phone

Also send them a request for a CCA make sure they are entitled to claim the debt - you will probably find its been sold on

like most of the stuff DLC deal with

Thanks for rapid response. Yes MBNA is included in my DMP (with cccs). Innovative finance currently looking at my other three creditors for un en c/a. Got in touch with clearunfaircredit 2009 (sept/oct ish) and they referred it to Innovative Finance. They tried to get me on a dmp with them (charging £35 per month) but i said i would stay with cccs (no charge). Haven't heard anything from Inn Fin for ages. Don't know if I can tell them to stop looking and take it on myself (with the help of cag) without incurring charges for the 'work' already done? Any thoughts???

what work! bet they've actually done stuff all.

well as mbna are in your DMP i'd totally ignore the attempts to up your payments.

just ignore them.

get reclaiming!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...