Help... need advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.... I have searched the internet and these forums and have discovered that many people have problems with the Mackenzie Hall debt recovery people. My wife and I have received unsolicited automated phone calls from MH asking us to telephone them back. We have ignored them and my gut feeling is to continue to do so until some sort of official documentation drops through the letter box.

To be clear we have no idea why these people are contacting us. Neither my wife nor I have had any debts that we have not paid off in full. Our bank have us at their highest possible credit rating. We have resources which makes these debt recovery people's attempts to contact us nonsensical.

I lost my leg in a RTA in 2000 and we moved home to a disabled friendly environment in 2002. We rented out our previous home. The only thing that comes to mind is one tenant who left after a year had the utility companies after them for non payment of their bills. However we cleared that up and gave them the former tenant's forwarding address.

In any event I can't think of any debt we could have incurred to warrant these enquiries from a debt recovery agency.

Any advice welcomed.

I'd ignore till they come up with something of substance. If they really want to speak they'd write eventually.

Meanwhile, run a credit check on yourself and see what appears.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Me neither. Now I use it all the time lol.

But yes, Experian or similar. I think you can still get one online for a one off fee that isn't much.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

You should make a complaint about Muckhall to east ayrshire TS, who have lorry loads of complaints about this undesirable company.

http://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk/item_detail.asp?UIN=1492

Make that complaint and it will be another nail in their sorry coffin..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!