mrdogcat12

Eon wanting £982.22 from between Sept 06 - Sept 09!?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3649 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there I had a lovely phone call from Brian Carter Solicitors yesterday morning telling me that they are working on behalf of Eon for an outstanding Gas bill amounting to £982.22.

The worse thing about all this is the debt belongs to a house I once joint owned with an unfaithful ex girlfriend who already cost me a whole lot of money (house contents and the cost it took to remove me off the mortgage and transferring deeds etc)... you get the idea.

The bill is for dates: 24th Sept 2006 - 14th Sept 2009

I UNOFFICIALLY moved out (ie. wasn't taken off the mortgage yet etc.) in: June 2007

I LEGALLY moved out (ie. deeds were transferred over to her and her farther and I was taken off the mortgage) on the: 18th Jan 2008

I THINK I was the only name on the bill even though we were both living in the house. Through all the stress I had I must have totally forgot about removing my name from the bill.

I realise I am at least half responsible for the period between 24 Sept 2006 to 18 Jan 08 and I am willing to pay half of this is I really have to. What should I do? I'm being chased for debt in which I am less than half responsible for! :-(

I've been in no contact with my ex since I moved out, she is VERY hard work, money grabbing and nasty so would rather keep it that way (I understand this might be impossible though *shudder*).

Thanks so much for your help.