Claiming back PPI on Halifax loan from 2002 **WON FULL AMOUNT REFUNDED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Received this reply letter from the Halifax on Monday:

Dear Mr XXXXX

Further to your recent letter received 10 July 2013 in which you rejected our decision to not uphold your Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policy complaint, I have reconsidered your complaint in light of the further information provided.

In an attempt to improve our understanding of your concerns we also tried to contact you by phone on the current numbers we how. However, we were unsuccessful. We have therefore reviewed your complaint based on our understanding of your initial contact.

On considering this information I do not believe that it introduces anything that changes the original decision and I am still unable to agree that the policy was mis-sold.

Having completed all of these steps, I went on to look at your complaint as a whole to ensure that we acted fairly towards you in relation to the sale of your PPI policy, giving appropriate weight and balanced consideration to all available evidence including any further information supplied by you.

Although your new information adds some useful further background I am still unable to agree that the policy was mis-sold.

As such, I am still unable to agree that your complaint should be upheld.

Findings

Eligibility

The evidence detailing your status at the time of the sales, when considered in conjunction with the eligibility criteria in your policy booklet confirms that at the time of the sale, you were eligible for the PPI policy you bought.

Suitability

In addition to the documentation noted above, I have looked back to consider you circumstances at the point of sale taking into account any additional information that has been supplied with your complaint. It should also be noted that I have considered all aspects of suitability and not just those raised by you in your complaint.

These can be summarized as follows:

• Affordability

An affordability check confirms that you could meet the expense of your PPI policy in addition to your living expenses and other financial commitments;

If you should wish to contact me directly my details are at the top of this letter. If I do not hear from you I will close your complaint and consider it resolved.

When we issued our original decision we advised you of your right to refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS), and that you had six months from the date of that letter in which to do so. You are still within this timescale so you are within your rights to refer the complaint to the FOS. I have enclosed a leaflet which gives details of how you can get in touch with them.

Your sincerely.

Is there anything else I can do? Is it worth phoning the Halifax and asking them to explain why they have not addressed the points raised in the reject letter?

Really do feel at a loss now. It's like they haven't even read my reject letter :(

no I don't think they have

why not give the FOS a ring

I don't think its correct that they can just decide you should have had another type of policy.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did 'regular' policies even exist in 2002? And did Halifax offer them?

They say in their original letter that the adviser had no alternative policies to offer me, yet they believe I would have taken a regular policy had I been offered it??? Makes no sense!

Spoke to the FOS today who offered to open a complaint for me. I went back to Halifax via phone today and couldn't get past the call handler to speak to the PPI team....she eventually 'escalated' the call and apparently someone is going to call me back next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so frustrated with Halifax!!

I've tried to call Halifax back several times on 0845 601 4034 and I can't get past the foreign call centre handler.

Has anyone got any advice on how I can actually speak to the Charter PPI team? They are refusing to put me through.

Regards

Danny

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok well that was via a search engine

dx

and they

No worries, thanks anyway.

I'm speaking to a supervisor now with a view to someone from the actual PPI investigations team to call me, but I have a feeling that this is just going to have to go down the FOS route :(

I have now called the Halifax 8 times and still no one will call me back regarding the complaint. I just want to speak to a person who has actually looked at the case!!

I've complained formally to Halifax separately about the PPI Team's shoddy service, but is there a more formal independent body I can complain to specifically about their handling of my complaint? Or should I just put it all into my FOS complaint?

Cheers

ring the fos first and ask

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after more phone calls and lodging a separate complaint about how they have 'handled' my complaint, I finally got the call today to say that my PPI complaint has been upheld IN FULL!!!!

Taken forever to get there but FINALLY the result I was after!! Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me.

I guess the moral of the story is what everyone has been telling me all along - don't give up!!! :D

hey great news

let us know when you get the money

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Still waiting for the Halifax to cough up...or even send a letter confirming that they have upheld my complaint. Does anyone know how long they have to actually payout?? I've called them but just keep getting fobbed off as usual :-(

8 weeks from you initial complaint

dx

and they

Original complaint was posted to them on 25th April.

They acknowledged the complaint a couple of weeks later and finally agreed to pay in full on 3rd of September.

.. So its well past 8 weeks since the initial complaint but only 6 weeks since they agreed to uphold in full.

What are my options now?

Do they usually take this long to pay out?

no they shouldn't be dragging their heels

several banks have been fined already for such actions.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?382875-LLoyds-fined-£4.3M-for-obstructing-amp-delaying-140-000-PPI-reclaimants!

i'd give them a ring and remind them of such

else you'll be straight on the phone to the FCA

dx

and they

I spoke to them twice today.

They are beyond useless.

Lloyds have outsourced their PPI 'customer service' to the Philippines and

they literally never do anything other than 'escalate' my complaint

which means they are doing sweet fa.

If I speak to the halifax general telephone banking number,

they tell me that they can't help me on this line and to ring the PPi number.

I spoke to the FOS today, and they said that the bank have 8 weeks from agreeing the misale to pay the settlement?

Is this true?

They said if I haven't received anything after 8 weeks then I can raise a complaint with them,

but then I guess I'm going in a year long queue or something that in theory should already be resolved.

I literally loathe the Halifax!!

How hard can it be just to transfer the money to my account?

I shudder to think how many other people they are doing this to :-(

• 4 weeks later...

I'm literally at a loss with this now :(

It's been 71 days since the call saying that my complaint was being upheld, and still no payment. Each time I speak to the phillipines I get the same scripted response of them 'escalating' the complaint. Nothing ever happens.

Can anyone advise?

First thing to do then is to stop talking to a foreign call centre and get a letter off to the lender telling them that you have been advised that your complaint has been upheld and that you require the written offer within seven days or you will raise the issue with fos.

• 1 year later...

I can't believe I never updated this thread to let you guys know how I got on! Must have just completely slipped my mind!

The Halifax paid out in the end, I got a letter advising of the settlement on 02/12/13 and received a cheque for the full amount on 17/12/13. Took a lot of hard work and perseverance but with the help from you guys I go there in the end :)

I have since moved my banking away from the Halifax and now use First Direct, who seem much better!