• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Problem with BAYV contracts and mis-sold insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been shafted by B.A.Y.V Last Week.

The Agent turned up to fill out the paperwork, I specifically told him i did not want to take any service cover as i have been burnt by brighthouse in the past and didnt want to go down that road.

I could not find my glasses as the writing was small and couldnt see well, The agent explained i was signing to agree to the payment only for my fridge so i trusted him stupid of me.

I have now noticed that i have service cover and something called U.V.G which the forms have been altered from printed style to handwritten and the tick boxes against the service cover was done in blue ink to which i signed in black??? so why has these optional boxes been signed by the agent???

i will tell you why he knew i couldnt see the form well.

I have uploaded my credit agreement with B.A.Y.V for all to see

th_buyAsYouViewLogo.gif

Click on Image to view:

th_BAYVHirePurchaseAgreementpage1.jpg

th_BAYVHirePurchaseAgreementpage2.jpg

th_BAYVHirePurchaseAgreementpage3.jpg

th_BAYVHirePurchaseAgreementpage4.jpg

th_BAYVHirePurchaseAgreementpage5.jpg

Edited by craigbird

The Agent turned up to fill out the paperwork, I specifically told him i did not want to take any service cover as i have been burnt by brighthouse in the past and didnt want to go down that road.

I could not find my glasses as the writing was small and couldnt see well, The agent explained i was signing to agree to the payment only for my fridge so i trusted him stupid of me.

I have now noticed that i have service cover and something called U.V.G which the forms have been altered from printed style to handwritten and the tick boxes against the service cover was done in blue ink to which i signed in black??? so why has these optional boxes been signed by the agent???

Typical of this company ,employees pressured into adding the

th_buyAsYouViewLogo.gif

Click on Image to view:

Typical of this company ,employees pressurised into adding the extra cover to agreements ,also being an unlawful act if the signatures are not yours ,if I was you id send a complaint to your local trading standards .

there my signatures but i never asked for the cover, I should in hindsight of sent the agent away till i got my replacement glasses but i was assured that there will be no optional service cover.

Whats wrong with these people surely he wold of known i would cotton on in the end but as i see alot of people saying there famous quote you have signed it "Tough Luck" as you can see from the agreement the figures have been re-done to add all these extras i didnt want, asked 3 employees over the phone from buy as you view what U.V.G is as i am paying £78.00 for it but got a blank, Maybe there area manager can explain this tommorow.

Craig

th_buyAsYouViewLogo.gif

Click on Image to view:

BAYV? Care to comment?

Cheers

Lefty

PS - I have made this into a thread of its own for easier reading and conclusion

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

there my signatures but i never asked for the cover, I should in hindsight of sent the agent away till i got my replacement glasses but i was assured that there will be no optional service cover.

Whats wrong with these people surely he wold of known i would cotton on in the end but as i see alot of people saying there famous quote you have signed it "Tough Luck" as you can see from the agreement the figures have been re-done to add all these extras i didnt want, asked 3 employees over the phone from buy as you view what U.V.G is as i am paying £78.00 for it but got a blank, Maybe there area manager can explain this tommorow.

Craig

Hi, first of all, you should never post your own personal details on the internet. I would suggest that you remove your name from your original postings if you can.

Optional service cover is exactly what is says...optional. There are a number of benefits for you if you take it and it is considerably better and cheaper than the company you have mentioned.

However, if you do not wish to purchase cover, its absolutely fine and it can be removed from your account. I suggest that you call customer services and they can do it for you.

I will also investigate your complaint about the agent invloved.

Best regards

BAYV

Update

Thank you Buy as you view for your concerns in relation to my personal information to which i do not know where your coming from, I have taken this onboard.

Yesterday after ringing you back i spoke with jeff who was regional manager after being promised he would ring back after locating the credit agreement he didnt it was left to the original sales guy who i spoke with to arrange it all.

He clearly admitted not mentioning the cover and was sorry but when i told him the call was recorded the mood changed to denial!!

I then had jeff turn up on my doorstep wanting to sort things out which i invited him in and we got down to the mis-selling he agreed it was mis-sold and promised to take action and canceled the agreement in relation to the service cover.

If i have to believe what BAYV were saying or trying to justify then it seems the cover was added behind my back and two seperate people failed to mention this why???

There was Another matter which i wanted to give BAYV the opputunity to comment first on to which i took jeff to my kitchen where my computer equipment is located and played him a clip of a BAYV rep using foul language in front of my children and would not play the most foul and vulger bits due to my children being present.

BAYV curiosity killed the cat as we know so when Jeff seen the folder i was playing from he obviously noticed a whole folder of other things to which i aint going to deny its other customers of yours where evidence have been collected to which i explained this was for another day as things are still on-going.

the embarrassment on jeffs face was totally obvious and quickly wrote down his personal number to conatct him directly with concerns of other people i did explain that this will be publicly aired before being discussed with BAYV.

Some of the actions you have done is nothing short of illegal and will be scraping the surface of this with caerphilly trading standards along with showing them hard factual proof.

I have noticed one major problem BAYV have and 99% of decent reputable companies will have this in place but you dont, very odd either your arrogant to 21st century business or you want to delibratly rip off and mis-led your customers, I am willing to discuss this only with a senior director.

Sorry BAYV can you please explain this quote:

"Optional service cover is exactly what is says...optional. There are a number of benefits for you if you take it and it is considerably better and cheaper than the company you have mentioned"

Where have i put i will be seeking other cover from anybody else??

Its alarming to know that BAYV staff know nothing about the sales of goods act three seperate peolple had no clue about this last weekend so how can you say your staff are trained in this area????

On a positive note note BAYV have come here to take part in discussions which i respect you for that many other companies wouldnt entertain so maybe you do want to rid the bad apples but as i have said to jeff today evidence points to many bad apples not just a handful, Is this the way they are being trained or just staff taking this on there own back to meet there targets regardless of company policy?????

I will Keep you all informed of the outcome of this latest issuse and will assure you i will be back with others who have had about enought of BAYV and there bully boy tactics.

I will still continue to go covert on this matter with others and please watch this space for further developments.

BAYV i expect your responce today as promised on other matters.

Here is a sample clip played to regional manager

http://www.zshare.net/audio/79427423ac6f8e8d/]

All the best

Craig

PS: I have now go to the bottom of the U.V.G that was added to the account it is some sort of viewing guarantee that is not Optional but it would of been nice to have been told there was a charge for this not make out this was part of the price i was paying?? How come your employees have no idea of this cover and what its for????

Edited by craigbird
Spelling

I have made this into a thread of its own for easier reading and conclusion.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

BAYV

Still waiting your reply on why its acceptable for your agent to use foul language in my home in front of my children.

This is no isolated incidents BAYV which i will soon prove.

BAYV seem to have the morals and loyalty of an alley cat and my partner would like to thank you for ripping her off not so long ago of £500 to which you just clam up when questioned over this.

Can you please confirm if all your calls are recorded??

Regards

Craig

The words DECEPTION, FRAUD and CON spring to mind when reading this thread. What an utter disgrace. A representative of this company took advantage of someone with poor eyesight by lying and then they went on to alter a signed document for financial gain!

I would be taking this straight to trading standards. Never mind the company's comment above that it is optional. How about they sack their dishonest staff. Or is it just about money after all?

The words DECEPTION, FRAUD and CON spring to mind when reading this thread. What an utter disgrace. A representative of this company took advantage of someone with poor eyesight by lying and then they went on to alter a signed document for financial gain!

I would be taking this straight to trading standards. Never mind the company's comment above that it is optional. How about they sack their dishonest staff. Or is it just about money after all?

Spot on Wheelergeezer

I blame BAYV as they must turn a blind eye somewhere along the line its Targets, Targets, Targets and its been previously mentioned before there do what it takes to reach them even if this means failing to mention added service cover, adjusting documentation, falsely representing them selves the list goes on & on.

I had an intresting conversation with a BAYV customer today over a cup of tea thats been with you 8 Years and experiencing harrasment and threats and i have been asked to get involved.

Its all about building a strong case where there can be no defense of being a one-off, I aim to collect this evidence to bring a complaint to trading standards even if it means using hi-tech audio and video equipment to achieve my objective. :lol:

The last rent to buy company that under estimated me it cost them dearly, Yes we are talking about your not so friendly weekly payment store :)

Dont get mad guys get even, Companys like BAYV,Brighthouse are just school boy bullys once you stand up to them they soon back down.

If possible i recommend getting audio recording equipment does not have to be very expensive very cheap on ebay or if you want recording equipment to rig up to your phone line there are afew to choose from can set you back afew bob but well worth the money, Record everything visits,phonecalls inbound and outbound.

Most Importantly be patient if it takes months to achieve the results you want then just remember it would be well worth the wait in the end.

As i have been writing this another BAYV customer wanting me to help as they have been mis-sold

@BAYV can you please send somebody out as your box has malfunctioned for the second time in less than aweek clearly not acceptable, Your agent said before that you have had nothing but problems with these new boxes can you confirm if this is the case???

Regards

Craig

Edited by craigbird

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, first of all, you should never post your own personal details on the internet. I would suggest that you remove your name from your original postings if you can.

Optional service cover is exactly what is says...optional. There are a number of benefits for you if you take it and it is considerably better and cheaper than the company you have mentioned.

However, if you do not wish to purchase cover, its absolutely fine and it can be removed from your account. I suggest that you call customer services and they can do it for you.

I will also investigate your complaint about the agent invloved.

Best regards

BAYV

Laughing at your comment here ,Optional ,sadly alot of vulnerable customers including the old age ,dont sadly even check their agreements ,guess its down to trusting the agent who fills these agreements in ,or half the time take the agreements away and sign them on behalf of the customers ,often altering agreements .Employees bullying customers ,pressurising them ,and removing goods with threatening behaviour .Employees forced to sell this so called optional cover to make targets etc .. How do I know .Because ive been a victim of this company's harrasment ,mis selling of their so called optional cover ,am in possession of my agreements 2 of which have signtures that were not mine ,but signed by employees of your company . Telephone calls made to a local cafe I would meet friends in for a local cuppa asking if I was there ,which is disgusting . I was accused that goods would not still be in my property ,but sold by myself as I was a drug addict ,which I have NEVER taken unprescribed drugs .I was infact very ill with a severe depression of which I had to be hospitalised for 6 months ,and having to undergo electric compulsive Therapy .This company added to my illness with their actions .When they came into my propert to remove the family televsion the goods I was alledged to have probaly sold were still at my home . I have been ripped off with mis selling for hundreds of pounds in the years I was a valid customer . Buy As You View are a disgrace ,and all your top notch bosses ,reel in profits off low income families ,single parents ,the old age .While you dont even have to worry where your next meal is coming from .