Bureaucratic shenanigans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some time ago (well over a year), my Youngest was caught by a mobile speed gun equipped police officer. (Amusingly, he said that his attention was drawn to my son's vehicle's speed, because of how rapidly it was catching up with the van in front. The van was parked, with no one in it). Anyway, he was given the option of attending a course to avoid the fine and penalties. So he paid the fee (more than the fine) attended the course and did the online element. Then a demand for fine plus 50% arrived as he hadn't completed the course. He contacted the police who said 'nuffink to do wiv us Guv'. He contacted the company that ran the course and they said 'ah, you want the people who run the website'. So he called them and they said they had a record of him logging on 5 times, but only completing 3 modules. He denied this was true and they asked what happens when the last module is completed. As he knew they agreed he must have done it and to tell the police. They still didn't want to know. We have now also written to the Manager of the enforcement office and he just replied that he had looked into it and none of his staff had made a mistake. Which wasn't what we had said! How the hell do you get through this level of bureaucracy and lack of care? Who actually is responsible and can sort it out?

I would not waste any further time on this issue and there is no point in complaining to such wasters. If indeed this matter arose over a year ago (check the date of the alleged offence) then I suggest that you refuse to make any payment whatsoever and do nothing further. This will probably result in the generation of a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty - i.e. £60 and 3 points. This can be safely ignored as the only option open to the police when you (or rather your son) refuse to pay it is to issue proceedings in court. Seeing as such action is now time-barred (it being more than six calendar months from the alleged offence) they will have no option but to put up and shut up. And quite rightly so.