Subject access request

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3693 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I hope this is in the right place, I am new and there are a lot of forums here!

I wrote to a company and asked if they could send me all the information they held on myself and my family, I included a cheque which they were very quick to cash. When they sent the information back there was a lot missing so we wrote to them again and they sent us a bog standard reply saying that they don't have any other records.

It is a holiday park, I asked for the information to help with a complaint that we have made. I phoned them yesterday to ask what accomodation we booked back in 2008 just to see if they did have any other information about us on their system, they phoned back this morning and told us exactly what accomodation, where it was, how many adults, children etc so why didn't they send us this when we requested?

I have also supplied them with a copy of my mobile phone bill that shows phone calls that I have made to resort safety in the middle of the night and at other times to show them when certain things happened but they still deny it. It is getting ridiculous now. I just want a copy of all information that they have on us, they have many incident report forms that were filled out by them and signed by us in May this year but they say that they have no record of them.

Any advice of what we can do next would be fantastic because I feel like I am banging my head against a wall.

Thank you

Hayley

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

The only information you are entitled to is the information they hold about you. The fact you phoned X times is irrelevant, as if they did not transfer this information to your customer file, there would be no data.

What you should have got was screen 'grabs' of your account narrative, and this will probably have you occupancy dates and any other issues. If you did NOT get this as part of your SAR, you can ask again for the information you feel is missing. If they still deny it, explain that you are not satisfied with their response and will take the issue to the ICO for their non-compliance.