• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HELP PLEASE MRI Scan was misread

Family Man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks MsWeatherwax..I can see you point 100% - But I do not want to 'upset' or 'rock the boat' with my GP - they have all been very good to me over the last few months as I and my family were on tenterhooks with regards to my health. I think I will ask my solicitor to ask my GP direct, I think this might be better comming from him..Keep smilling as they say:)

Think you're right on the money there - sit back and let your solicitor handle this for you...that's what he's being paid for. ;)

You've had more than enough stress as it is...let someone else take the strain now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although a month has past since I discovered this thread, I would like to comment, from my own experience, that it is difficult to find an honest solicitor.

"Nepotism" has never been so rife between the medico/legal professions.

My wife entered hospital, for day surgery, for a neck biopsy. She was diagnosed 9 (NINE) days later with "Small Cell Carcinoma (Cancer) of the Tongue" and passed away a further 15 days later.

Because the Coroner's Officer declared death as "Metastatic Lung Carcinoma", no solicitor was interested because Lung Cancer has a poor 5 year survival rate. She had only ceased smoking for the previous 6 months so causation could not be proven.

However, following the initial complaint and two independent reviews, it has been decided by clinical experts that the chest x-rays showed no evidence of cancer? Guidelines for doctors prohibit the use of "Metastatic" or "Metastases" on a death certificate. One almighty anomaly, to say the least?

I followed the suggested advice of a "reputable" London firm, gained access to 300+ medical notes and forwarded them to the solicitor for an appraisal.

They returned notes to me 2 years ago, but not until 3 months ago, I had to get them from the desk drawer to recopy one that was accidentally deleted from the hard-drive. Over 100 of the notes had disappeared.

Let's hope the solicitors think they've gotten away with withholding evidence, because I had scanned them all before letting them have them.

You've always got to fight fire with fire.

It's with thanks to 3 members of CAG that I fought and successfully defended my brother's bankruptcy. So I'm up for another challenge.

It's as "Sali" has stated, "If hospitals, - doctors, nurses, hospital managers - would acknowledge their failings promptly, apologise and either remedy the error", there would be no need for litigation.

Thanks for your post littlewillie, and my thoughts are with you - a sad loss I am sure, but you are true to your word:-

'it is difficult to find an honest solicitor'.

I have found information on the net and also in my files that my solicitor has not found, but then again I have time on my hand to move this forward, and dig deep, very deep..

I will NOT be putting a line through this and go to my local MP for personal advise if I do not get any joy from my legal team.

I have phone call's that I have recorded from hospitals, I have all my personal paperwork, original emails and letter on file that I have in my safe at home..;)

I am aware that my legal team have and will been paid from my insurance company, but I wish now I did a 'NO WIN NO FEE' as I am sure I would get more effort to bring my case to court.

Withholding evidence (as they have) makes me think why...What else has been held back..??

Hi FM,

My issue, with the hospital, only stemmed from alarm bells ringing when the Coroner's Officer further stated, over the phone 3 days after passing that, "because you are only her partner, under current English law, you will not be permitted to request a Post-Mortem.

Under the circumstances at a vulnerable time of losing someone, a layman naturally accepts the word of a member of the judiciary.

The following is a farce.

The C.O's conduct was criticised in my initial complaint, but the complaints manager replied within 3 days stating that because he is not directly employed by the hospital, his conduct does not fall within the NHS complaint remit.

All complaints have to be conducted and responded to within 20 days. They took 6 months to respond stating, "our Legal Services Manager liaised with your partner's nearest living relatives over the very sensitive nature of a PM, for which they declined". I emailed this report to the kids, in America, and they responded in fury. No one had contacted them. We know for sure, because from the moment she passed away, they had flown over to be with me, spent the next day in London and flew home the next day. The C.O. rang me when their plane was over the Atlantic and the hospital never knew of their addresses or phone numbers.

I didn't go into detail, as above, but simply informed the hospital of their denial of being contacted over a PM.

The clown of a Complaints Manager, after previously implicating the Legal Manager, then explained that the hospital was contacted by my late partner's brother, 7 (seven) days after death regarding a PM. They further stated that the Legal Manager emailed their solicitor to confirm that she was giving the correct advice.

Why would anyone wait 7 days to request a PM?

When the complaint went before the Healthcare Commission, which ceased operation in April '09, they asked the hospital for copies of their alleged emails. They supplied fakes, because the header of the emails are dated 2 days prior to the brother's enquiry. Was the Legal Manager psychic?

I have a mountain of anomalies, inconsistencies, deceit and lies. I'll end for now.

Thank God I have legal insurance too annnnnd tenacity.

Google "Robbie Powell" and see the abuse of rights in their case.

My epilepsy is now intractable and I'm unable to work and therefore have time to have a relationship with Google for all info. :D:D:D

Kind regards, Bill

Littlewillie, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. You must be absolutely devastated. It does seem that the law and justice are mutually exclusive.

Check out the charity AVMA if you haven't already.

Home - AvMA

I'm really surprised at the coroner's attitude. This was your wife? I requested a PM on my relative, which is how we know the cause of death - the hospital certainly hadn't a clue! Check these sites.

Post-mortem - Introduction

The Coroners' Society of England and Wales : The Office of Coroner

In my dealings with various 'professionals' I have come to the conclusion that it is best never to believe what you are told, but to challenge and double-check whenever you feel it necessary.

Hi All,

I don't want to hijack Family Man's thread and could start my own if needed.

I only intended to highlight similarities to bring readers attention to the adverse treatment that hospital's attempt to cover up.

I must state categorically, that I don't have any issues or hold any grudges against the nursing staff. All of my concerns are with the echelons of the hospital trust. Thank God the management are not let loose on the wards or are allowed loose with a scalpel?

As I previously mentioned, the complaints Manager stated that they could not address the Coroner's actions, but the idiot of a Medicine Manager went and did so and handed me their lies on a plate. I've asked a friend to take one of his JCB's up the hospital to let them dig a bigger hole.

A neurologist friend believes that the Trust saw my initial complaint and panicked over a potential lawsuit.

I am, as Family Man stated, "of the old school". It's probably inexcusable for me to say, given the current economic climate, that I don't need money. Honesty, integrity and morality are the qualities that I respect. A pharmacist friend agreed with me that I'd earn a bundle by scripting my experience into a TV episode for a Legal or medical drama series.

Thankyou to Sali for the links, but I am aufait and conversant with the pertinent legislation. I'm currently subscribed with AvMA for updates on med neg cases.

I think that what I have learnt since losing my wife, is the power of the internet. 10 -15 years ago, our only source of information, which would still have been very limited, would have been the local library.

I can't see any excuse for anyone being ignorant of anything with the resources at hand today?

Hi All, for anyone that needs statistical evidence for any complaint, I'm not advocating litigation, just support for complainants, To reiterate Sali again, if Trusts were honest and open, from the beginning, it would ease many peoples anxiousness and significantly reduce retaliatory resorts of litigation. The knock on effect, of being honest, would also reduce unnecessary stress. But then cynics could argue that more honesty would reduce the potential income for the lawyers, especially "ambulance chasers", and they'd be statistics of the unemployed? Obviously, this goes against the grain of, "it pays to be honest", thus explaining why there are NO HONEST LAWYERS?

Please read todays newsletter at; One in six patients misdiagnosed, and the problem could be bigger | What Doctors Don't Tell You

One in six patients misdiagnosed, and the problem could be bigger

This is only a fraction of a total of 855,000 annual near misses.

Regards, Bill

Littlewille, I think that management should take trips out to the wards (OK not with scalpels) to speak to patients, their relatives and members of staff to find out what the real issues are for these parties so that they can work out ways to address them.

And I agree, hoorah for the Internet!

• 4 months later...

Up date for you all, things are moving on now and my solicitor now seems to be on the case (after I sent a 7 page letter recorded ;)) - The problem now is my missing medical records from my GP. this information is relivant to my ilness. In the end I contacted Legal & General (I had taken out some life assurance with them) all information that was completed and signed by my GP I have to hand, also I have a list from my village pharmacist of medication that was missing from my records.

This information is a 'General Practitioners Report' signed by my GP on the 1st April 2008. This shows the missing information that was not on my 'Summary Of Medical Records' I have from my solicitor, information that is missing and is very questionable as to why. I am unable to provide copy prescriptions but have provided a list from my pharmacist and also now this.

Not sure what to do next, is this againt the law to deleate or hold this information back from my legal team?

• 5 months later...

I am looking for a Radiologist to look at a MRI Scan that I have on CD this MRI was misinterpret and this has caused me a lot of probelms.

I am willing to pay for a second opinion from a Hepatobiliary Radiolgist.

If you know of one please can you contact me via this forum.

Thanks

Sorry, i may not be the answer you are looking for!

I have worked in Imaging for over 5 years and as far as i'm aware there is no such thing as a hepatobiliary radiologist, some may hold more of an interest in this field but none go by this title...as far as i know!

All radiologist trained in MRI will be able to review and report the images. I suggest that your referring physician contacts a different radiologist in the hospital in which you have had the scan and asks them for their opinion.

Unfortunately, asking for someone on a forum could be potentially dangerous.

If you are an NHS patient and the problem is with the referrer also, you are initled to ask for a different referrer within the same trust, this may not always be met with much enthusiasm but must be honoured.

I hope this helps.

Thanks JenD.

I have a medical negligence claim this has been on-going for some 2/3 years with my legal team, I have found out that the original radiologist who viewed/looked at my MRI Scan (that I paid for out of my own pocket) told my consultant that I had termnial Cancer....I sold my company, updated my will, said my good by to my son,wife,mum,dad, etc etc, arranged my funeral as advised..

After many months in hospital having most of my liver removed etc etc I was told that this was NOT cancer but a desease...!!!

I have sent this CD to 3 Consultant Radiologist and NOT ONE has said it is cancer, I am looking for some more consultants who might also look at this imaging and give me a second opinion.

I'm sorry to hear that, sounds like you have been through a horrific time.

In terms of second opinions and legal claims, are you in need of a second opinion if three consultant radiologists are in agreement?.

.....It's a funny one...I have an insurance policy that is paying for my legal team cost's, I have come to an issue that the insurance company feel that there is no case unless I can get a report from a radiologist this will cost ME £7000 plus, but if I can get as many reports that give different quotes with none quoting the word 'cancer' then I feel I have a good case to go back to my insurance compnay to pay for this report...One consultant said unable to be confident as the imaging is not sufficient, another said a bening stricture cannot be excluded, and the last said, the definitive treatment for this would be cholecystectomy (Remove the gallbladder)...?????

Crumbs, this sounds like a lot of work on your behalf!

Did you have an abdominal ultrasound that spotted something first? or deranged LFTs (blood results) that prompted you to have the MRI scan in the first place?

Do you have a copy of the first MRI report that stated you had cancer, surely the insurance company should be following that as a lead and asking why the radiologist was so certain it was cancer and the other radiologists found the imaging insufficient.

Been very hard work - I have 'Quality Systems' from the ######## Primary Care Trust they are looking into deleted medical records...MRI scans had also gone missing, it's never ending..

I had colicky pain and jaundice late 2007, I was aware that I was not very well, was told first that my gallbladder was enlarged with stones this was blocking my bile duct to my liver all this was from an ultrasound, blood was OK. I have letters from 2 NHS Trusts saying it's terminal, and a copy of the scan that I paid for (£800) this was lost to start with but now found when I asked for my money back..!!

I am sure the insurance company will cover my cost if I can get as much information for them to move this forward..

Have you thought of seeking an independent assessment outside the UK? There must be associations of radiology in many countries that you could email for advice on independent assessors. I'm not saying ours aren't as good, but I'm always suspecting them of a circle the wagons mentality.

I have spoken to my legal team with regards to this, was told that the consultants/doctors can use 'outside' the NHS trust for there defence, but I can't use any 'outside' research as the crown courts will not accept this in the UK court of law...It's very one sided, I did some time ago email a few but never got any joy....I might just google it again..Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Been very hard work - I have 'Quality Systems' from the ######## Primary Care Trust they are looking into deleted medical records...MRI scans had also gone missing, it's never ending..

I had colicky pain and jaundice late 2007, I was aware that I was not very well, was told first that my gallbladder was enlarged with stones this was blocking my bile duct to my liver all this was from an ultrasound, blood was OK. I have letters from 2 NHS Trusts saying it's terminal, and a copy of the scan that I paid for (£800) this was lost to start with but now found when I asked for my money back..!!

I am sure the insurance company will cover my cost if I can get as much information for them to move this forward..

Tell me, how did you solve that problem? I heard and read that gall bladder surgery can do well, and there is also some alternative medicine like method of lithotripsy, or breaking the stones.

Hi Family man............ sounds like a torrid time you have had. What worries me is the fact you are relying on a Legal Expenses insurers choice of solicitor. Obviously this is not actually costing you anything but with the level of suffering you went through and what you did eg getting rid of your business and therefore means of earning your living that your claim is potentially very large indeed, so was wondering why you are not with a specialist firm that will be in a better position to help you. It sounds like the current solicitors are placing things in your way as opposed to helping you.

Tell me, how did you solve that problem? I heard and read that gall bladder surgery can do well, and there is also some alternative medicine like method of lithotripsy, or breaking the stones.

I had 70% of my liver removed, a new bile duck reconstructed, and gall bladder removed as I was told that the cancer had invaded all the above, this was not the case when it was all removed NO cancer...:confused:

Good point, I was advised to use a recomended Legal Team but my insurance company let me use my own....So I googled a good firm, Oxford, Bristol, London offices and I am dealing with a partner from this firm, you are correct my wife and I both feel that my current solicitor is not doing much, I wish now I found a 'No Win No Fee' solicitor as they have to work HARD for there money, and alway get results..

Hi Family man............ sounds like a torrid time you have had. What worries me is the fact you are relying on a Legal Expenses insurers choice of solicitor. Obviously this is not actually costing you anything but with the level of suffering you went through and what you did eg getting rid of your business and therefore means of earning your living that your claim is potentially very large indeed, so was wondering why you are not with a specialist firm that will be in a better position to help you. It sounds like the current solicitors are placing things in your way as opposed to helping you.

Good point, I was advised to use a recomended Legal Team but my insurance company let me use my own....So I googled a good firm, Oxford, Bristol, London offices and I am dealing with a partner from this firm, you are correct my wife and I both feel that my current solicitor is not doing much, I wish now I found a 'No Win No Fee' solicitor as they have to work HARD for there money, and alway get results..

• 2 weeks later...

I will keep this short and sweet - I have an appointment next week with PALS this is due to medical records being tampered with, some time ago my solicitor sent me a copy of my medical records and I noticed that some medication/appointment were missing, I have asked to see my GP to discuss this but she/he seems to put me off and delay me, so I asked PALS to complete a check on their computer system. I now have an updated medical report that this information that was withheld is on, I am due to visit PALS next week to view and discuss my findings. I realy need to know how easy it would have been for my GP to copy/paste/delete then print this information, and then send it on to my solicitor – and what computer system do most GP use. (I will google this to get an idea)

I am sure you will ask- I have a medical negligent issue, I was told I had 8 months to live with terminal cancer - This was not the case, after spending months in hospital and having lots of bit's of my body it turned out to be a desease, this is why I need this information.

I thank you in advance

Usualy any system that allows the imput of data, allows that data to be edited. I'm not sure of the name of the computer system the NHS uses as a whole though. It could be that different PCTs use different IT systems.

If you're looking for proof of a medication, if that medication was prescribed, the pharmacist it was dispensed by might have a record of you and all medications dispensed to you, this might be worth looking into. Also, most prescriptions come in 2 halves, one is usualy a repeat slip if the medication is on repeat, and one half the pharmacist keeps. Also if you've seen other medical consultants or specialists, they should also have a record of you, even if your GP does not or has tampered with it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks