Help - applied for Set Aside and received this from court....

kekeeler

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

received advice from this forum about applying for a CCA and then applying for a set-aside which I did last Friday (13th July 2010). Received a letter from the court today:

You application to aside a statutory demand

The court has received your application to set aside a statutory demand. Your application will not be given a hearing date immediately. It will first be referred to a District Judge. If the judge considers that your application shows no cause for setting the demand aside. your application may be dismissed. If this happens you and the judgment creditor will be told.

If the district judge does not dismiss your application on first consideration, you and the judgment creditor will be sent a time and date when the application will be reconsidered.

Yours faithfully

Is this standard as I've never done this before and don't know court procedure? I was advised by some people on the forum to seek a set aside, despite having had a written letter from the debt collector (Connaught) stating they'd formally withdrawn the stat demand, just to make sure they couldn't execute it within the 14 months.

Have I just dropped myself in it further?

Would appreciate any help for those who've been in similar circumstances...

Moved to Legal Forum

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT