Arnold Clark---Lies and deceit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many of you will be familiar with my long running battle with AC who consistently refuse to rectify a fuelling problem my car has had from new.

In the Spring of this year they said they would give me a "special deal" on another similar car. After months of chasing to ascertain the location of such cars (the only ones NOT advertised on their website?????) in order to check colour and upholstry, they eventually came up with "The Deal". It would not be prudent for me to post all the options here meantime, but the price of the car was the same as several other dealers advertise. Their valuation of my car was the same as I could get at any dealers for a PX, so the question is, What's so special about their deal? I was repeatedly told that they wished to keep me as a customer????? On several occassions I was told that their franchise manager wished to speak with me or perhaps meet to discuss the issues, this has proven

impossible since he also adopts the AC position of stonewalling conflict.

By the end of this week my publicity people should be able to advise me on what steps I should now take, and I will post the full story on the internet in due course, names and all.

I don't know what their gross margin is on the cars they sell, but would hazzard a guess of around £1500+. Coincidentally, the same amount that their "Special Deal" falls short to satisfy me.

What defies reason, is that as a result of my publicity, they should lose even the sale of one car, how can they possible justify this. They have already lost the sale of four cars to my family alone this year to date.

Is it a case of simply riding roughshod over everyone who dares to question their mode of operation??

Repayments have been stopped.

Edited by scaniaman
dipit

Did we ever expect anything else. I notice that Alisdair isn't around any longer, It was obvious bul**** what he was posting on here.

I brought a few of the pas posts to the top again so we can actually see all the complaints that have gone unsolved.

I look forward to your story Scaniaman

Reference your last post, especially in respect to Mr. Craig. This is what i have been saying for months---those who aspire to wear the "Management" ticket cannot / will not enter into any sort of confrontation, especially when they are in the wrong. I don't know who teaches this disgusting stonewalling technique to would be managers, but should i ever meet them, they better enjoy hospital food.

I am sorely tempted to refer to these people as being "Spineless" but on reflection, I think "Pure Bl--dy Arrogant" would be a more fitting description.

What think yea?

Edited by scaniaman
dipit

Whether it's of any significance or not I had ocassion to go past the Arnold Lark branch in Stafford last night as the M6 was "bol*****d again. They have some nice shiney new yellow and black flags displaying " Arnold Lark Delivering what we promise" or words to that effect. Really should have stopped and got a pic!

Anyway, got me thinking how clever it was. "We promise to deliver nothing and that's what you get"

I wonder if we could beat the 39,000 odd posts in the bear garden on one subject?

Ah Ha! Reference my post one "only cars not on website". I pointed this out to a salesman a few weeks ago, and lo and behold, two of these obsolete models are now advertised @ over £12,000. This is £1500 more than in spring, and the warranty will now be shorter. What MUG would pay this price for a car that is now out of production. This price is even more than the higher power / spec version. was a short time ago.

With the new 60 plate close at hand you would imagine that the price of these cars would be CONSIDERABLY LESS.

Did we ever expect anything else. I notice that Alisdair isn't around any longer, It was obvious bul**** what he was posting on here.

I brought a few of the pas posts to the top again so we can actually see all the complaints that have gone unsolved.

I look forward to your story Scaniaman

Will withhold my story until i get a responce from Linda Jackson (new Citroen MD).

Publicity people getting prices for rear window stickers to be given away at supermarkets and football matches in Central Scotland. Also came up with a great design for printing on T shirts, and to get prices for these, but need to guess what quantity to order to get best price. The home made sticker on my rear window has attracted comments from 38 people at my local supermarket in just four weeks.

Apologies all. My posts under "£500 difference on line" should have been posted here.

Apart from Stonewalling, some "Managers" in AC have a nasty habit that affects me like a Red Rag to a Bull.

It is telling agrieved customers that as far as we are concerned, "the matter is now closed".

WHO THE H--- Do these people think they are?

In my case, the matter will ONLY BE CLOSED when i have been treated fairly by this disgusting outfit.

They only got off without prosecution for mis selling me this car, because of faults within the Trading Standards. These faults are currently subject to inquiry by my MP and the OFT, who seem to have some jurisdiction over TS.

• 3 weeks later...

Have just found a website called "the review centre" which has more horror stories on Arnold Clark, but still similar to the threads on this site. Wonder if Alasdair will try his charms on this site when he returns from holiday, on 13th or 15th Sept?

Incidentally, i bumped into an old friend on Saturday, who has recently retired from a part of the motor industry. Hadn't seen him for nearly two years, as his work meant travelling a lot. He said that he bought a car from AC two months ago and was having problems with it. He also bought the AC warranty. After hearing my story, he was flabbergasted, and is taking my advice to give AC a chance to put right the problems failing which he will return the car under SOGA. Maybe another customer for Alasdair?????