Holiday entitlement query???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question for all the employment gurus?

Is this right?

My company states that for the first 2 years of employment we have to accrue our holidays, but I was always under the impression it was for the 1st year.

To be honest Im not sure.

Ive been told Im only entitled to 1 day a month off, that worked out right while I was on my old contract, but that changed over 3 months ago. I was entitled to 11.2 days a year, as I am only part time. My hours have gone up and I worked it out that I am now entitled to 16.8 days a year, and I have been there since March. I cant get my head round it, so please excuse me (brain dead tonight, son was admitted to hospital again today so Im all over the place).

I had holidays booked before I started for the last 2 weeks in July, yet I only got paid for 11 hours holiday pay.

Even the shop manager cant work it out :-(

You use to accrue your entitlement in the 1st year, to allow you to take a holiday in the 2nd year, but as lately you are entitled to 1 week per 13 weeks employment I am given to understand, when I have made questions for us that worked for 50 years where do we stand on the 13 week rule - no answer given, but you should look under DWP site for info I suggest.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Mike is right. There's a holiday calculator on directgov. Maybe you could do a calculation and print it off to show your manager?

HB x

PS Sorry to hear about your son. I hope he improves soon.

Edited by honeybee13
typo

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry for taking ages in getting back but Ive been trying to figure out how our holidays work, bear with me its a bit complicated.

Our holiday times work in quarter year!

So, at the end of the quarter if we havent taken any holidays, the management pay us our holidays for the quarter just past.

I feel this is very unfair, as I missed out on holiday pay on my last wages as I was only paid for 1 week, and I had 2 weeks off and 1 week went unpaid. I had holiday pay in my previous months wages, but I had a couple of days off then as well so I took it for that, but no, it was the complete holidays that I had accrued for the previous quarter.

The rest of my holiday pay will be paid at the end of the next quarter.

Do you follow me, because I certainly lost my way along the post somewhere!!!

I also think they have gone wrong with my wages somehow, as this doesnt even work out! the boss is also lost, so when we had the discussion yesterday at work it ended up with us both agreee to agree that we had no idea what was going on.

Hi HB

We dont have a payroll as such, they wages are outsourced to a wages company, and only senior staff not us lowly minions can talk to head office!!!

Spoke to boss again today and he is getting me a copy of the holiday entitlement in the company handbook.

I hope that you will post the handbook information when you get it. It should make fascinating reading.

From what you've posted so far, the Working Time Regulations have never come to your Company's attention. They are certainly breaching them on at least 3 counts.