• Tweets

• I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
    • If WFH is what leaves people feeling unsupported then I completely agree that's not good.  I wonder if some organisations were better at keeping communication open, managing the situation and making their employees still feel supported and included.  It's likely there have been lessons learned.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3594 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, this is the letter from Philips that my daughter received, We phoned the courts to see who had the fine, they told us it was this outfit, and the amount outstanding was £90, so we got the reference number and when on line and got an agreement to pay £5 pw, which she can just about afford.

Then she gets this letter, we call them up and they say the other £75 is an admin charge, surely this is not the correct amount that they should charge her.

Is there anywhere we can find out the correct going rate and dispute their charge please.

philipsforchel.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Moved to Bailiffs forum.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thank You PlodderTom.

Is that a justifiable amount to charge, just to send out 1 letter.

Even though we contacted them before it was sent.

I think that is extremely high.

Thank You PlodderTom.

Is that a justifiable amount to charge, just to send out 1 letter.

Even though we contacted them before it was sent.

I think that is extremely high.

I believe it is the amount agreed between HMCS and their authorised Enforcement Agents, if the £5 you advocated before has been agreed then make sure it is paid well before any due date as even a day late will trigger cancellation of any agreement and extra charges - in particular watch out for Bank Holidays.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The £75 "admin" fee is NOT just for writing a letter. It is a fee agreed with HMCS that covers the cost of Philips receiving the Distress Warrant, uploading in onto their computer system etc etc. The fee is to cover staff time, computer costs, office costs etc, etc.

I would suggest that your daughter tries to pay this debt as quickly as possible because, if she is as much as ONE DAY late in making payment a bailiff will attend at the property and the charge that he can make is as additional "attendance fee" of £200 !!!

Thank You both

The £75 "admin" fee is NOT just for writing a letter. It is a fee agreed with HMCS that covers the cost of Philips receiving the Distress Warrant, uploading in onto their computer system etc etc. The fee is to cover staff time, computer costs, office costs etc, etc.

I would suggest that your daughter tries to pay this debt as quickly as possible because, if she is as much as ONE DAY late in making payment a bailiff will attend at the property and the charge that he can make is as additional "attendance fee" of £200 !!!

She will make the payments at least 4 days in advance, The problem I have now is, Philips sent her a text message to her mobile phone, to get in touch, This she did, and the fella talking to us told me now that the payments she is now making are just voluntary, and this might not stop any other enforcement

I explained that we used the automated system and the £5 weekly fee was accepted, i also explained that was what we were advised to do on the 5th of August, he told us that was the wrong advice offered.

So where does she stand now, what if they do send out an enforcement officer?

Another £200 goes on the debt.

Surely they cannot change the goal posts so to speak.

Her circumstances are she is a single mother on income support

Again another Text, yesterday and today, saying contact them URGENTLY.

Well I called them again today, They again tell me it is either payment in full, or just to continue make Voluntary payments, which may or may not have further enforcement carried on.

So I stated that she could carry on paying until she gets to £30, Then they could then send out enforcement officer, which would incur another £200, and this could possibly just continue on that cycle, she told me YES that is possible.

That is outrageous.

I then mention is she not classed as a vulnerable person, as been a single mother on Income support, They want it in writing if she is a vulnerable person.

I am sure we have this somewhere on here, so I shall start looking.

Another thing on her account on line it still states it is pending, I have taken a screen shot of this.

Surely they should accept some form of payment plan.

Also on their site I read about paying priority debts first, and I am amazed that they say in them, that they are one of them

Vulnerable situations

• Enforcement agents/agencies and creditors must recognise that they each have a role in ensuring that the vulnerable and socially excluded are protected and that the recovery process includes procedures agreed between the agent/agency and creditor about how such situations should be dealt with. The appropriate use of discretion is essential in every case and no amount of guidance could cover every situation, therefore the agent has a duty to contact the creditor and report the circumstances in situations where there is potential cause for concern. If necessary, the enforcement agent will advise the creditor iffurther action is appropriate. The exercise of appropriate discretion is needed, not only to protect the debtor, but also the enforcement agent who should avoid taking action which could lead to accusations of inappropriate behaviour.
  • Enforcement agents must withdraw from domestic premises if the only person present is, or appears to be, under the age of 18; they can ask when the debtor will be home - if appropriate.
  • Enforcement agents must withdraw without making enquiries if the only persons present are children who appear to be under the age of 12.
  • Wherever possible, enforcement agents should have arrangements in place for rapidly accessing translation services when these are needed, and provide on request information in large print or in Braille for debtors with impaired sight.
  • Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:
    • the elderly;
    • people with a disability;
    • the seriously ill;
    • the recently bereaved;
    • single parent families;
    • pregnant women;
    • unemployed people; and,
    • those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English

http://www.dca.gov.uk/enforcement/agents02.htm

Hi again, I replied to them via email, and quoted that information to them, they said they still want something in writing from a GP etc.

So I got them this letter, I have just copied and paste.

To Whom It May Concern

Further to our telephone conversation today regarding XXXXXX functioning capacity.

I write to provide you with support that it is my understanding that she has mild to moderate learning difficulties.

This means she is unable to comprehend information in the manner that most people do. Her cognitive ability is severely impaired.

Also her literacy and numeracy are not matched to her chronological age, and whilst we are awaiting the confirmation and evidence of her Functioning Test from Children Families and Young People Department; I have agreed to provide this information as the Social Worker for you and your daughter is on annual leave.

XXXXXX ability is so impaired that her father and mother have had to take on the full time care of her two very young children ( under XXX years old). Whilst we await her functioning test, the outcome will most likely be that the children will have to remain in the care of her parents, due to her inability to cope and raise these children safely.

Until XXXXX has some external support herself because of her additional needs XXXXX understanding of the world as most people know it will remain impaired.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me on the above telephone number.

Yours Sincerely

XXXXXXX

Parent Support Co-ordinator

I sent that along with the DCA.Gov link and quoted the relevant information as regards income support and and single mother bit.

Amazing not enough, they want something more official, That letter BTW is on Headed Note paper.

Well look at the reply via email about an hour ago, I got on the phone as I was annoyed, It has now gone down to the admin department.

We NEVER SAID IT WAS IN DISPUTE

Dear

I write with regard to your recent communication to our office where you state you are in dispute of the above

Arrears. Please see below for the relevant documentation we require allowing this dispute to be investigated: -

* Bankruptcy, IVA or Administration Order - Official paperwork including list of all Creditors.

* Eviction - Copy of Eviction Notice or any paperwork confirming the date of eviction.

* Attachment of Earnings or Benefit - Paperwork confirming when payments were taken.

* Disposal of Vehicle - DVLA acknowledgement letter, bill of sale or letter of destruction.

* Payment made direct to our client - Copy of a receipt or bank statement showing payment made.

* Recipient deceased - Copy of Death Certificate.

* Recipient in Prison - Provide name of prison and prisoner number.

* Property vacated prior to arrears - Tenancy agreement, solicitors letter etc.

* Physical or Mental Illness - Please provide confirmation from GP or NHS Trust

Once the correct paperwork has been received we will correspond with West Midlands Magistrates’ Court to Investigate the matter further.

NB: Please only send copies as original paperwork can not be returned.

Yours faithfully

Amanda Middleton

Philips

Need your help urgently now please.

We had a text message via the phone yesterday, I called them and explained that we sent in a letter on the 31st of August.

I then emailed them again yesterday, and they have emailed back saying they need the letter to be from a Doctor, I would have thought the letter above and the guide lines would of been sufficient. not to be.

So I have called again this morning and got a really annoying person, who told me in no uncertain terms the only agreement they will put in place is £80 per month for 2 months.

That is an impossible ask for her.

Now if they send out the Bailiff and add a further £200, they will not take anything as she has nothing of note to take.

A 3 piece, bed, fridge freezer,washing machine, tumble dryer, old 26inch crt tv, cooker, all of these things I know they cannot remove, she has no computer or Laptop etc.

What can be our next course of action, I/we do want to pay it, but on something that is acceptable.

Can they take us to court for there debt?

I have tried to get it back to the courts, I sent them the above letter, they would not attempt to help, as they say they will incur a charge from philips themselves

I also proposed to pay £40 a month, no good.

With the greatest of respect, PHILIPS DO NOT know whether a warrant for arrest is to be issued. That is for the Courts to decide!! If the bailif is unable to gain entry into your home or levy upon a car outside, then the debt WILL be sent back to the court. In any event, the contract with HMCS provide that the distress Warrant must be returned back to the court after 6 months.

Above from Tomtubby,

If she now ignores all correspondence, and does not answer the door to anyone, they would return this to the courts in 6 months time, and would she then be told it's gone back to the court?

If that is the case, she could then pay them in full by then.

Also would philips still pursue her for the other £275 that they will charge, Admin £75 and Bailiff £200?

Just to say on this, I eventually got some one who was helpful, and we agreed to pay £40 every 30 days, including £1 each time towards administration fee.

Still annoyed that they wanted a letter from the GP to confirm her vulnerability