• Tweets

• Wait for more replies, but that letter to me can be interpreted as a letter before action. Ignoring it can have consequences. The court to impose sanctions for failure in responding to a letter of claim.
    • I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Nationwide Dilema! I Need Help and Advice

Moluc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning,

I am in a bit of a situation with Nationwide Building Society.

My Flex Account was recently closed due to the fact that I had gone above my over draft limit (£3000 plus) I have asked Nationwide not to close the account as I intended to continue to us the account as my salary is paid there every month. Anyway, they still went ahead and closed it. So i decided to appeal agisnt this as I had promised to bring the amount below my agreed overdraft limit. I also gave them a date that this would be done, which was the 31st of July, but somehow they thought it was the 27th july. I dont get paid till the 31st, anyway my salary did not go through due to wrong account details, but later went through on the 2nd of August. By this time Nationwide had decided to close the flex account. So far I have written to nationdwide regarding the situation and also attached a later from my Employer explaining the situation. I was adviced by Nationwide to write with the letter (from my employer) attached.

I got a call from NAtionwide on the 22nd of August telling me that they would not be re-opening the account that I must pay back the full amount. So I asked them to put it in writing as they had asked me to write them previously. The least I could expect back from Nationwide was a letter explaining their reason after I had appealed and given them proof of letter from my employer. They were so rude to me on the phone so I asked if the conversation was recorded, they said NO. So I told them that I can not aggree to any terms regarding repayment, unless its on paper and they need to explain to me their reason for making that decission for closing my account, after all, I never recieved any letter regarding the closue of my account.

I have now decided that I will go after nationwide regading all the excessive charges that they have charged me in the past 6 years.

All I need now is Advice wether to proceed or not.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT Appreciated...

Please do excuse the spelling errors...

Mo Lucas

Total Amount owed to Nationwide £3653.

Paid back £453. Current balance £3,200 over Drawn.

PS

Nationwide has decided to Freeze all my account with them until I agree to make payments for the above amount. They have really messed up my life and do not know what to do. Please advice

Moluc

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter sent to Nationwide 5th/09/06

Statement Recieved 20th/09/06

Definitely claim back all the unlawful penalty charges - you will probably find they add up to at least the £3K of your overdraft, and more than likely will be more than this. As for account closure - it is better to focus your energies on something that has been proven to get results. You can deal with account closure in the future if you feel it is worth it. Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Claim them back. All of them.

Any idea how much, as a general figure, you could be looking at? It could well clear the outstanding overdraft with them.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I have just writing the first letter demanding all the charges for the past six years to 1st september 2006. Should I post it to them or take it to the branch and then hand it to them? which is better?

Moluc

I don't think it makes any difference, but if you post it, make sure it goes recorded delivery, and if you take it in by hand, make sure you get a receipt, including the name of the staff member you give it to and that it states it is a letter asking for return of your charges.

Be reassured you will get your money back, don't be put off by their delaying tactics.

There will always be somebody here to help you.

And make sure you enclose the £10 fee!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Thanks fr the avice people.

I went to the Branch this morning just before 12 noon, but was told that they were closing and that know one would be able to assist me.

I will have to post it to them by Recorded delivery on Monday.

Another thing that happened recently was that they decided to Freeze all my Nationwide account including my Cahsbuilder which had £130 of my money in it.

The Debt recovery department would not write me a letter explaining why they have decided to close my account. But they are willing for me to make a verbal aggreement over the phone without the conversation being recorded. They think am a fool.

Moluc

one more thing, It has just crosed my mind that I once had a Credit Card with NAtionwide a fews years ago. Although I stopped that account a few years ago (2003) Can I ask them to give me the details of that account and also demand my interest charges aswell?

Moluc

one more thing, It has just crosed my mind that I once had a Credit Card with NAtionwide a fews years ago. Although I stopped that account a few years ago (2003) Can I ask them to give me the details of that account and also demand my interest charges aswell?

Yes they can - you *should* be able to get details of that on your DPA, quote both account numbers.

As for them freezing your cashbuilder, it appears common that they allocate funds from other accounts if one is overdrawn...I am sure it is in a T&C somewhere. Not right, I know. :(

If you use online banking I believe you can see your statements for the past few years online so you might get some idea of your charges.

If the Debt Recovery department contact you again, tell them that the account is in dispute and you will not be making any more payments until it is resolved.

Dolly, you are an Angel..thanks a Lot for the Advice...

I am unable to see both accounts when I log on to Internet banking.

So I am unable to view my past statements. I guess I will have to wait for that 40 day period from Monday.

Moluc

If you make a Full Disclosure Subject Access Request they are legally obliged to provide you with EVERY piece of information they hold on you that is relevant to you. To speed this up it would be sensible to ask for details for each account number, but as the request is from you as a Data Subject, then it should cover all accounts you hold with them anyway.

Also to bear in mind - there is no six-year limitation period on providing the data. If they hold anything at all on you they MUST provide it. The likelihood is that they will say all data older than six years has been destroyed, and this in itself is a processing of your personal data - as such they should provide details of that destruction, with dates as well.

The reality is that you will get six-years worth of statements, or copies of statements, very few notes indeed and probably nothing else.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

But what about the Nationwide Credit card account I had with them a few years ago? I have sent them an email through Internet banking asking them to give me the Credit card account number I had with them a few years back. I hope they will comply.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. Can't wait till tomorrow morning!!!

Moluc

SAR Letter sent today to The Data Controller, Nationwide House, in Swindon (I think) giving them 40 days to respond, also attached £10 Postal order. Lets see what they will do now. Am ready to play ball with them now, so "Let the War Begin"

Moluc

Nationwide: SAR Letter Sent 05/09/2006

Moluc

Checked with royal mail if letter has been recieved/signed for? YES it has.

Now they have 38 days left.

Moluc

LOL - 38 days until you can start the claim timetable...good luck.

Nationwide has written to me acknowledging my mail which they reicieved on Thursday the 7th of September.

I was informed that I will recieved shortly, my bank transactions details for the past six years nad before then.

They have 40 days to do this, by law.

Hmmm.... 35 days to go.

Moluc

• 2 weeks later...

At Last, I have recieved today all the statement going back as for as Feb 2000.

I have added all the charges (Interest, Overdraft, cheque fees and so on) all totaling #2525.46p. Now what do I do?

I cant believe this Moderator Note: EDITED due to libelous wording. have actually ran me down for the past 6 years.

Advice please anyone!!!

Moluc

People,

whats my next move now? Please Advice.

can anyone tell me, do I add the un authorised Overdraft Fee seperately from the Chequ missuse fee or should I just add everything together plus the interest.

Please advice....PLEASE!!!

Moluc

Add everything together, fill in the spreadsheet and send the first letter. Only unauthorised OD interest though.

Dolly, what about the Card Misuse fees? and the Unauthorised Over Draft charge itself. Do I have to dd them too?

OR, am I right to add up only all the OD charges leaving out the Card missuse fees etc.???

Moluc

Dolly,

Where do I find this Excel Spreadsheets?

and after I fill in only the Interest on OD charges, can I add Cheque miss use fees aswell?

Thanks

Moluc

Do I send the letter to Data Protection team or is there someone else I should send it to?

Moluc

I have also noticed that NAtionwide took £100 from my Cashbuilder account without my consent. do I charge them compund interest on this?

Moluc