Fridge/Freezer engineers report needed for Sale of Goods Act claim

martyn682

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a Samsung Fridge Freezer that broke down at Easter, 9 months out of warranty. I contacted Samsung who passed me on to their approved engineers (Appliance FX). Appliance FX have not been able to repair the fridge (despite replacing two parts and charging me £180). Consumer Direct have suggested I contact a refridgeration engineer to get a report to say that the problem is not due to wear and tear so that I can pursue the retailer under the Sale of Goods Act 1972 for a refund/replacement.

Can anyone recommend a company that would be willing to do this? I'm not getting anything useful out of Appliance FX, they've gone quiet after I asked for a refund for their failure to fix the fridge (they've ignored three letters sent by recorded delivery so I'll be heading to court for this soon).

Thanks

Martyn

It may be beneficial looking locally to see if there are any companies who are small but still a limited company who would be able to do this for you - they tend to be more reliable and accomodating to your needs.

Additionally, have you spoken to your home insurance company? They may have a company who do repairs, evaluations etc and maybe able to point you in the right direction?

Alternatively, www.repaircare.co.uk might be worth a look at - heard both good and bad about them. Google reviews and make up your own mind, but it might be worth a look.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)