Halifax loan Blair's-Moorcrap-Wetcloths-Iqor. - now HL claimform

twoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure that an offer of that region would be considered...perhaps a little higher if you wish to negotiate terms of payment...I would also discuss costs within a Tomlin/Consent Order

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good consent/tomlin order is a figure that you are happy to pay...over a period to suit you....and each others costs are not included.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Its already on I would imagine...the CCJ wont as no judgment is involved...a Consent stays the claim subject to the terms of the consent.

There are no templates and I dont normally advocate using a written approach ...ring the person who drafted the offer and start negotiating by phone...they are unprepared and have no script.

Once informally agreed ask them to confirm it writing.

Hi Andy,

Any idea why they took so long to respond to my defence that you helped me with back in August.

Probably only now been able to retrieve the paperework

So neither will the CCJ:madgrin:

Yes it is stayed now...normal protocol is once they find the paperwork they proceed...so to ignore their offer will probably be followed with a notice of allocation.

You can take the risk and offer nothing and they may not proceed...that's the catch 22

It looks like its deficient of the prescribed terms...but considering the amount in question and the accompanying paperwork...some courts would let it ride under the balance of probabilities and overriding objectives.

Again another catch 22

Andy,

I thought that and could i mention that the agreement is missing certain criteria like terms,right to cancel etc, and strengthen my case for a settlement.

Prescribed terms...and yes use it in your negotiations...you state that it is deficient and unenforceable (in your opinion) pursuant to CCA1974 sec61 (1) b....but you are prepared to negotiate a settlement subject to the following........

Bla bla bla and state your desired terms.

I notice the bit about I might consider raising the court action...urm.....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Andy,

Been thinking about my response to the latest letter.

Whilst i would like to come to an arrangement to get rid of this once and for all, i am reluctant to phone them as you have to confirm address details etc and all the usual security questions.

Bearing in mind they probably paid about £300 for this debt is it worth offering in writing £2000 as full and final and remind them that the agreement is deliquant of terms etc.

Hi Twoman

I personally would lose the " For the avoidance of doubt the legislation states quiet clearly the following:- " and pursuant legislation...forewarned is forearmed...to state that you consider the agreement is unenforceable is enough....their eyes will be on the possibility of a F&FS !!!!!

Regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ok had a letter today from Crapquest offering me a settlement figure of £5,500 on a debt of £7,000.

My guess is they probably paid about £300 for this but they don't have,i think,a properly executed,enforceable agreement due to missing prescribed terms and other missing t&c.

Would appreciate the thoughts of others.

Then if they're offering a discount, something needs further investigation, and as it has been passed from pillar to post,

it is clear there is something amiss...?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

only if they totally remove all trace of a debt ever existing would I ever consider an F&F

on an un-en debt

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

I have informened them that the agreement is delinquent of prescribed terms in all four corners, no cancellation box etc.

The t&c on the agreement states 2004 but they refer to a 2005 microfish booklet which you can not read..

I was thinking of offering them £1,500 to settle f&f.

What do you think?