style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, had a visit from bailiffs today whilst we were out after an outstanding council tax bill which after charges is now just over £300. Sending off the letter in the morning to the bailiffs as described elsewhere in the forum offering them a monthly payment.

Problem is, there was a vehicle parked outside our house when they called and they have popped a notice of seizure through our letterbox saying they will be seizing that vehicle in two days time to be sold off to cover our debt. This vehicle isn't our and the owner of the car is to put it mildly furious about it. As a community carer the car is her lifeline and she cannot afford any problems with bailiffs trying to collect it. The car is normally parked in our village and she fears the bailiffs might tour round the village looking for it...

Your thoughts please...

Hi, had a visit from bailiffs today whilst we were out after an outstanding council tax bill which after charges is now just over £300. Sending off the letter in the morning to the bailiffs as described elsewhere in the forum offering them a monthly payment.

Problem is, there was a vehicle parked outside our house when they called and they have popped a notice of seizure through our letterbox saying they will be seizing that vehicle in two days time to be sold off to cover our debt. This vehicle isn't our and the owner of the car is to put it mildly furious about it. As a community carer the car is her lifeline and she cannot afford any problems with bailiffs trying to collect it. The car is normally parked in our village and she fears the bailiffs might tour round the village looking for it...

Your thoughts please...

Have you informed the Bailiff of this yet - the chances are he will say tough. If so get on the Council and tell them you are preparing a Regulation 46 Complaint to your local Magistrates Court naming them as Defendant as you are aggrieved by the Bailiff's levy, inform them they have 7 days in which to sort this out. Also have a read of this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?262730-Has-a-bailiff-levied-upon-a-car-that-is-NOT-owned-by-you-LOCAL-GOVERNMENT-OMBUDSMAN-S-Report-!!!!

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not been able to get hold of the bailiff yet - the two phone numbers they left rang without answering when we tried this afternoon, but I'm sending the letter off tomorrow to both the bailiff and the council so I will include the details about that too. Many thanks, will keep you informed of the outcome.

Been in contact with the bailiff - he was suprisingly polite and agreed if the car wasn't ours he'd not be taking up, but that he'd do a DVLA check on it to confirm ownership....

Been in contact with the bailiff - he was suprisingly polite and agreed if the car wasn't ours he'd not be taking up, but that he'd do a DVLA check on it to confirm ownership....

............... and that he'll remove the Levy Fee and associated charges and replace it with a Visit Fee if appropriate.

Please remember a DVLA check only gives the Registered keeper who may not be the legal owner.

Make sure this happens.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks - I'm working on the vulnerable person approach at the moment; I'm out of work at the moment and my wife is the full time carer of her disabled mother who lives with us and who is quite naturally upset with things.

Thanks - I'm working on the vulnerable person approach at the moment; I'm out of work at the moment and my wife is the full time carer of her disabled mother who lives with us and who is quite naturally upset with things.

That sounds very reasonable to me. Best person for vulnerable issues is Kelcou (Rae) - look for some of her posts and drop her a PM - she is wonder with letters. Although the Council and Bailiffs are apt to forget if you have 1 vulnerable person in the household for whatever reason then that then applies to the whole household.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I picked up a template regarding vulnerable person elsewhere on the forums and that has duly been sent by recorded delivery. bailiffs have just been on and are ignoring the comments about a vulnerable person and giving us until Friday to raise the money when they will return.... Told us to get a loan to cover the amount outstanding or borrow it off our family or neighbours.... Bruddy cheek!

Update - the bailiff who said he'd be back at 5pm tonight never showed so it looks like the vulnerable letter has worked.... now to sort out paying the council and not the bailiff, but that can wait until tomorrow...

Many thanks for your help.

:D

Update - the bailiff who said he'd be back at 5pm tonight never showed so it looks like the vulnerable letter has worked.... now to sort out paying the council and not the bailiff, but that can wait until tomorrow...

Many thanks for your help.

:D

Please be aware that most Bailiffs cannot afford a watch or calendar so there is still time yet.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope that you made SURE that he has removed ALL CHARGES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS LEVY. So many people are just pleased to receive confirmation tat the case will not be removed and fail to ask for the charges to be removed.

You will see that I have posted a STICKY on this very subject.

Get confirmation right now that he has removed ALL CHARGES and replaced the levy fee and any van attendance with a fee of just £24.50 for "attending to levy (where no levy was made).