ccj - isnt the creditor supposed to provide payment details to the debtor???

honey b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

1) I was issued with a ccj.

2) I was provided with a form in which I could detail my income and expenditure and how much I could afford to pay towards the debt.

3) I filled in the form and sent it off.

I didnt hear anything for a few months. The creditor didnt send me any details on how to pay this debt.

4)Then I received another court order telling me to pay the total judgement amount forcewith!!!!

5) Creditor had a writ of fi fa issued against me and the high court enforcement officer became involved.

My question is basically, at step 3) above, shouldnt the creditor have sent me some sort of payment details so that I would actually be able to pay the debt??!!!??

honey b :confused:

Just because you made the offer doesn't mean the Claimant has to accept it, if they reject it then why would the Claimant have to provide payment details?

By the looks of it the Claimant rejected your offer and requested a forthwith judgment which the court ordered ex parte.

Why are you admitting the debt? Do you not think you have a good chance of defending it? It might be a good idea to put some more details of you claim on here so people can advise.

When did you receive a copy of the court order saying you should pay forthwith? You need to make an application to redetermine the judgment to a rate you can afford to pay and try to make an inproved monthly offer.